Naim CI Series

oooh, and in a shoebox Olive case would work for me…

You certainly cannot blame capital ventures / Vervent / focal for it. They have done it before, read up on NaimNet and the NNP01 NNP02 and NNP03.

I like this approach and consider it for a simple system in our garden house.

I bet the 8 channel poweramp is a great companion for my still working AV2 (which was another blunt step into another market).

Naims trusted more for this than many other companies by me.

1 Like

I bet it was a huge hit

Nope it wasn’t but the point is that regardless of private equity or focal they’ve tried to get in this market and I’d like to see them successful there like they are in their traditional Hi-Fi market.

In the end having multiple markets is a safer bet for continuation of the company (we both like).

2 Likes

Not my experience. A lot dependent on if the company can cope doing it all. It’s easy to lose focus trying to do it all and do everything great. Anyway.

Anyways indeed. Let’s see in a few years. Who knows.

1 Like

Sorry for my tone. Not against you at all. I’m just bit sentimental. :green_heart:

images

2 Likes

I understand it Blackbird, I kind of have the same feelings.

I just realized that there is a major design flaw in the new ci series. They support only 32 rooms whilst Versailles has 2300 rooms.

7 Likes

Interestingly, the CI-Uniti 102 information (page + product sheet) does not include the (misleading) mentioning of Apple Music in the Nova PE product sheet. :man_shrugging:t2:
And the living room picture on the 102 product page is from the Nova PE material.

10 years ago, we renovated our home and installed a Crestron multi-room audio system, using Linn DS streamers.
At the time, there wasn’t any real option to use Naim in our multi-room setup.
If the time comes for updating / replacing the Crestron multi-room system, there is at least now a Naim option :grinning:

2 Likes

Sure is. The second audio system I bought, 50 years ago when I was 18yo, after my little Rotel/EPI setup was a McIntosh system. 105w SS Amp with a McIntosh Tube preamp/tuner. Had a Connoisseur TT/ADC XLM Mkii Cart, and a pair of Janzen Electrostatic hybrid speakers.
Excellent sound, especially for that time. Mac was really the only well-known hi-end audio kit in the Canada shops back then. I hadn’t heard of Naim yet.
So yes, very well established.

3 Likes

@Richard.Dane
Hi Richard. I notice the CI-Unity 102 has an S/PDIF output, which I believe would be an output for the streamer to bypass the power amp. Does this mean I could use the 102 as a streamer to feed my NDS with the new boards?
This would be a lot cheaper than using an ND5 XS2 with my NDS. This would be brilliant of the Naim team and explain why they haven’t countered any questions regarding making a separate streaming device. Devilishly clever, if this is the case.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Is there a AV processor coming? Seems these products are more Focal than Naim.

But good on them for having a crack it’s a tough market and all businesses need to diversify to survive.

3 Likes

I think the SPDIF socket is an input, not an output

Where did you see it had a SPDIF output?

2 Likes

Oh, that’s to bad. thank you for that. Is there any other output from the streaming section? this really would have made sense.

1 Like

HDMI - I think.

Maybe a HDMI to Toslink would work??

Yeah, maybe, thanks again. I’ll ask the staff.

1 Like

Ah, HDMI is also listed as an input :confused:

2 Likes

Can you use it as a TV system? Would an optical or HDMI from the TV enable the TV remote, or Apple TV remote y TV o control the volume?

So many questions Mike and so few answers. :grin:

2 Likes