Naim Credo Speakers

Now come on several thousand pounds?
I get you love them as I did with mine. But Sl2 for £2500 or a good set of sbl…

poo from a very great height comes to mind. With respect of course
I totally agree with you that they are a very underrated speaker , A wonderful bargain to be had
I had mine 7 cm from the rear wall will a very slight toe in. I found the imagery to be superior closer to the wall in my room

1 Like

I would get rid of them and look for a mint pair. They do throw up from time to time at the usual auction site and at silly prices. I really enjoyed my Credos for the twenty years I ran them and like some say here they really were a well underrated speaker.

Alternatively look for a pair of “Super Credos”, more commonly known as Allaes.

4 Likes

Your respect is noted and appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face: I stand by my claim. You mention SL2 for £2500, but those are obviously used prices. I am talking about new speakers. SBLs would also be used and I have yet to hear a pair that even come close to my Credos. (The SBLs were in homes and well set up by people who know what they are doing). Guess they are just not to my taste.

Speakers are a very subjective item to buy, and for my ears, any speakers that replace my Credos would be £3k+. I auditioned a few under £3k and still have the Credos. Some of them were without doubt better (a bit) than the Credos, but definitely not £2.5k better. Of course YMMV!!

1 Like

Hey that’s cool man. I definitely respect what you are saying. Imo it’s all about system balance. For example if you were to match a nap 180 into sl2 it wouldn’t cut the mustard at all, But put a nap 300 into them you would have a different story, put the credos onto the same nap 300 amp then A/B it then you may change your mind about the credos. But for you and your kit credos rock so that is just alright by my books.:upside_down_face:
Btw 250 may cut it into the sl2, but not as much as a 300. The sbl speaker should of destroyed the credos on your 82/250 kit. Somethings very wrong if the credos won out. That’s a fact.

2 Likes

I owned Credos for about 15 years. When I decided to upgrade it took Spendor A7s (£3k) to offer a significant improvement over the Credos, some £1500 Spendors were good but not good enough.
They are a tough act to beat really.

4 Likes

I love these Naim speaker threads. There is little doubt that if you appreciate their strengths then modern designs struggle to improve on them without significant outlay. The modern designs I have heard are very Hi Fi and also very bright in their balance. Lots of detail, but they seem to fail to put it together as a musical whole. It’s such a shame that they didn’t sell well enough hence their demise.

Stu

2 Likes

Yes agree. I was surprised when I finally got my Sl2 set up correctly how much credo they had in them. Just so happen the sl2 have a lot more of it that’s all. I personally can’t get on with the s400.

1 Like

I had at home,
SBL, NSat, IBL, S400 and in the family of Naim speakers, it is the Credo that offers the most 3D image.
I prefer the liveliness of the Kan or the SBL, but as for the “generosity” it is the Credo who win :blush:

2 Likes

Yes they really good, but not several thousand pounds good. You should try some sl2 speaker, after sometime getting them set up correctly I’m sure you will be very happy. For some like me an end game. They are very revealing which can be a problem. if the other ends not up to it. Where the credos are more forgiving.
Active is another level apparently. Unfortunately I have never had the opportunity to date but watch this space.
Hey Crifo your not using shaving cream to seal the sbl speaker boxes by any chance :hugs:

1 Like

ahhh, so that’s why it did not work well ?? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.