Naim dbl and Roksan TMS3

My system is 6 x 135 ,52, dbl active, and Cdx2, full naca5.

I found the sound is on the bright sound, m looking for tt , hope the sound is not so bright.

Found a used tms3, are this deck matching dbl ? As you see dbl sound is forward and aggressive.

I hope you guys can point me the right way.
Thank you.

Hi,

Well I can’t comment on the DBLs but the TMS3 is one of the best TTs ever made.

Regards,

Lindsay

1 Like

The DBLs are definitely not one of the best TTs every made… :scream: But they’re definitely one of the very best speakers :flushed: :innocent:

A lot will depend on the set-up of all components in what should be a wonderful system. What cartridge are you using, Gab? Also, when where the amps last serviced?

The CDX2 can be bright and piano notes can ring unnaturally. Put it on a steel framed rack and let the cables touch it and maybe a hard floor and that’s what you get. Put it on wood or best full Fraim and let the cables hang free and it’s a much more pleasant proposition. A good turntable might still show it up a bit though.

1 Like

It could be an idea to try before an « old » Naim CD player such as CDS or CDS2.
In my opinion, a single player is not at his best in such a big system!
Source FIRST…

A TMS3 in good condition with a decent arm and moving coil cartridge is one of the very best sources you could ever use. It can far exceed the capability of a Naim CDS3/555PS and I say this as a former owner of that very Naim CD player.

The TMS3 is an awesome music maker.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

Gab80

Do the amps need serving ? I’ve found they sound much brighter when this is the case
If not, sounds like you need to adjust the Snaxo pots

Lyndon

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.