Naim & Focal 10th Anniversary Edition

And maybe it’s not for us. What is so bad about another customer segment getting something?

Sure, but I don’t see the connection. Turning this anniversary offer into a snubbing of enthusiast forumers is an incredible stretch.

2 Likes

I’m just too sensitive. :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t understand. I didn’t say it can’t be ordered. And what will “remain outside the company”?

After a moments adjustment, I decided I like it. Read the various forums and and you soon realize that audiophiles drive themselves nuts trying to mix and match that perfect system. They spend more and are never satisfied. This setup is the traditional Naim system approach and I bet it sounds great. No need to upgrade, no need to add. Just enjoy.

3 Likes

Typo ‘inside’ have corrected. I’m not the intended market. Perhaps this is a Focsl led initiative as it appears on their website.

Available for order now but not delivered until the 15th year anniversary.

I love Naim but sorry I couldn’t resist. All in good fun.

1 Like

I see thanks. Maybe it’s more Focal, I don’t know, they already offer colorful speakers, and why not. Maybe Naim are tipping a toe into the water to gauge the response to color options, much like they did with the Solstice for the TT market. (You guys made sure that color options will never come, thanks much :joy: )

1 Like

Think Naim missed a golden (or should I say tin) opportunity to release the 272 replacement, teamed with 250 and XPS as a 3 box setup modern and simple that’d appeal to a much wider market. I can’t see anyone buying this tin combo as a lifestyle accessory which it seems to be aimed at. You can’t use the shortage of chips as an excuse as there’s obviously some in the NDX2.

6 Likes

Another head scratcher :slight_smile: How does an anniversary color option make Naim miss the opportunity to release the 272 replacement???

If it’s inconceivable that Naim wants to ensure sufficient supply for a much-requested model, which will surely outsell the NDX2 considerably, at least at the beginning, my recommendation is to read the Solstice announcement-and-then-delivery thread

1 Like

Do you really think these tin models would out sell a 272 replacement. My bet is they won’t shift many but hey I’ve been wrong before. :thinking:

1 Like

No I didn’t say that. I meant that the 272 replacement will outsell the NDX2 (several times probably), so the ongoing sales of the NDX2 in whatever color does not mean that “You can’t use the shortage of chips as an excuse as there’s obviously some in the NDX2.”

The only reason I can think of for launching the ‘tin’ version of existing products in advance of (or instead of) the 272 replacement is if the 272 replacement contains components that the tin set does not that are in short supply. That, or a diktat from overseas.

I could be entirely wrong and it may transpire that demand for tin classics will be greater than demand for the 272 replacement, but I doubt it.

Yeah, the 272-2 will probably have barely a part in common with the NDX2 and 282 except for the streaming board

I doubt this very much!

You should read some degree of sarcasm in my comments.

I would imagine that a 272-2 has no unique parts and the new technology (the new platform) has already been developed. So why are tin versions of NDX2 available but black box versions are on back order and the 272-2 has not seen the light of day?

I am sure there is a perfectly good explanation.

Are these tin versions just the black ones without the errrr black paint?

As others have said, you can’t really move the anniversary date. And Focal have clearly spent considerable effort on their bit.

I’m not convinced the development of these Tin versions will have held back work in other areas significantly.

1 Like

And sure after 94 posts the Oscar Wilde quote comes to mind.

.sjb

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that it will be as different to NDX2 and 282 as the Solstice’s phono stage is to the SL and its PS to the HC.

That’s why I wrote “except for the streaming board”. As for the other technologies, it will also have a different, possibly new volume adjustment - probably more trickle-down from Statement rather than improved from Uniti (I am guessing). And I’d bet that the preamp will be a new development as well.

How do you know when they are available, if they are prioritized over black box manufacture, and how many it will be?

Because the 272-2 is on its own schedule that has nothing whatsoever to do with the marketing and sale of a limited series of a different-color option for existing models?

Exactly

1 Like

I read somewhere that the tin systems were available now in limited numbers but I may have misunderstood.

I do agree that the production of the tin systems should not affect the development of the 272-2, unless they share components in short supply and prioritisation is required.

Indeed, it says “available in limited quantities now”. The phrasing is probably significant. Remember how long the Solstice shipping has been taking, that was also “available from late July”. I don’t see how it follows from this statement that the black box delivery will be significantly impacted

:+1: :pray: