Naim & Focal 10th Anniversary Edition

https://www.focal.com/en/partners/10-years-together-special-anniversary-edition?fbclid=IwAR0BSQTgANUU_4zyfrSEGzRmWsVpM0CuQIbMPRXhdR4ilTuyC031pvgXVfk

Not quite sure who this is aimed at. Any thoughts anyone?

1 Like

I guess its aimed firmly at Mr & Mrs Grey. They have the grey cars - one each. The grey doors - front & garage. The grey fence… If you live in the UK, you will likely have seen this trend.

I don’t get it… :thinking:
But a house opposite me clearly does…

14 Likes

It feels like this is 9 days early, Sopra 2 with concrete sides?

3 Likes

and why are the knobs a different colour? it looks plane odd

5 Likes

If this is true, and not an early April Fool, it seems to me that rather than procuring special cases and making fancy videos, Naim should be focusing on delivering the products that people actually want and which many have been waiting months for. Why would anyone possibly want a tin edition of something, only to later upgrade and add boxes that don’t match? They’d have to be tin headed.

32 Likes

Why not go the whole hog with a tinned edition Fraim?

1 Like

Is this what all the tinnitus topics are about?

9 Likes

Oh dear. The Naim grey cases are a little bit of a clumsy ‘everything must match the speakers’ design choice. Although, I assume (hope) they do look much better in the metal than the press photos and video suggest. The Focal Sopras actually look better than the Naim boxes.

I don’t think these ‘tin’ cases will be coveted like the chrome bumper models somehow. Perhaps this signposts that a fresh approach to Naim casework design is rather urgently required.

3 Likes

I think they look quite nice, and an interesting alternative to the black boxes, but the point you make is entirely valid, and so, for me, it represents something of a future cul de sac.

11 Likes

Mr & Mrs Grey will not mind that. They will likely get rid of it all, when the next trend hits…
Not your typical Naim Customer…

2 Likes

Yes, I like them too.

3 Likes

Grey is the new black.

3 Likes

This is the thin end of the wedge - think of all the anniversary’s to come! Can we expect a silver 500 series in 15 years time, and then maybe a gold Statement at 50?? And I imagine Damien Hirst will be involved for the Diamond Anniversary :joy::joy::joy: And that’s not to mention all the ‘arguments’ regarding the impact it will have on SQ, etc. I foresee the Forum going into meltdown

4 Likes

Sadly there are neither “Olive”, nor “Chrome” anniversaries. :rofl:

4 Likes

I doubt Naim Marketing would ‘get’ that… Sadly… :unamused:

2 Likes

I feel some what embarrassed for Naim, never mind we have greater things to worry about.

7 Likes

Personally I think the grey Naim boxes look terrible, but then I also think Focal speakers look terrible, so I am not part of the intended market for this particular release.

Mind you I must say that I felt the same way about the colour when Quad released their FM4/44/405 system in grey instead of their traditional brown livery but I did grow to accept that and indeed have a grey FM4 in my office system today.

6 Likes

I like the look. The upgrade comment with matching boxes is valid, but to be fair, not everyone wants to upgrade, and some people may prefer it over a black stack.

I do fear the 50th anniversary :wink:

2 Likes

Now where have I heard / read that before? :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve never bought HiFi with a view to matching my hair colour, and I’m not about to start now!

13 Likes