Naim/ Focal Soundstage review

https://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/opinion/1637-from-focal-to-the-french-riviera-how-i-was-floored-twice-in-france

3 Likes

The main room in Saint Etienne, France.

5 Likes

interesting read - as was the sonus faber article.

1 Like

Interesting that the article says that Focal acquired Naim in 2011 which is not exactly true, as a new umbrella bought the two companies together, as I understand it anyway, and it was never a takeover.

Focal and Naim unified in 2011, bought by a group comprising Focal founder and Chairman Jacques Mahul, Focal & Naim management and long-term Focal shareholder CM-CIC ( a French bank).

That group was itself bought by VerVent Audio - shareholders including Focal and Naim management, with private equity funding - in 2014.

3 Likes

And today it’s a french management, if I am accurate? at least the “PDG” is french.

1 Like

Non black statement cooling fins on one of the photos!

1 Like

Stacked Naim boxes on a sideboard. Heresy! I love it, looks much better than traditional racks.

5 Likes

Can you explain ? I don’t understand, sorry. Cooling fins ?

1 Like

That blue rack looks lovely too

2 Likes

They like stacking apparently :grin:

Romain Vet (left) and Quentin Morieux at La Boutique du Son

1 Like

The sides of the statement are silverish / grey.

1 Like

Funny how we talk on here so much about not stacking and then Focal Naim show loads of stacked equipment. Confused.com. :laughing:

2 Likes

That demo room is bigger than my whole house.
Don’t get me started on the stacking, we all know what’s good and proper :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I know but it just makes a mockery of everything we try to do. Maybe Naim headquarters have something to say about this travesty! :joy: :laughing:

I suspect Naim are too busy cringing about their speaker colleagues to comment.

2 Likes

You get the impression those chaps have spent all their money on speakers and can’t afford to turn the heating on.

1 Like

I always thought the statement amps looked huge until I saw this picture next to those speakers :flushed:

It looks like the outer pieces just haven’t been anodised.

Dealers often stack items when just on display due to space constraints and wanting things out on show. It’s what they do when conducting the actual demo that matters.

1 Like