Naim + Focal

It reminds me my beginnings in the audio world. I had at that time a Rega Mira integrated and one dealer wanted to sell me 10k Martin Logans speakers. The source was a Rega Apolllo.
Fortunately I didn’t listened to him.

1 Like

Dark brown cabinet/ black front

1 Like

What a beauty!

4 Likes

Very quiet I’d have thought. :grinning: (Sorry, I couldn’t resist.)

1 Like

Dear @Cosca,

My AudioQuest Type 4 below. I like them very much in my current system with a SuperUniti and Spendor A6 speakers. As a minimum, they are different and I think better than other cables I have tested.

Mine have silver connectors.

Recommended.

1 Like

There is a good thread about this cable and quad core in general, here:

That comment is, as I understand it, more applicable to older amps.

But if we’re seeking to make these magnificent speakers do as well as possible, we might as well recommend feeding them via cable designed specifically for Naim amplifiers. ie NAC A5

I agree the magnificent Diablos deserve better.

hi Cosca, I have Focal Diablos too with naim equipment, about cable I can advice to you for Nac A5 as speaker cable, interconnect tellurium qblack din (qblack diamond is better but is also very expensive), as power cable, I’,m very happy with powerline and neutral cable fascino, powerline is more dark and neutral cable more detailed, In my opinion you must choose about your target. Is also true that Diablo’s with better equipment will play better, but sn2 with hicap dr is very good because in my experience sn2 is quite relaxed and hicap dr give speed, transparency and detail. The source is objectively back the other equipment.

1 Like

Thanks all.
I never expected such a comprehensive, professional and holistic participation by the audience.
And it did suggest as well hints and areas of improvement…

6 Likes

Ok that’s a new one and potentially dangerous :face_with_monocle:

Another speaker cable I can recommend is the AudioQuest Rocket 22. Very open and settles fast. I have several lengths short and long to experiment with amplifiers and speakers. The one in the picture beautifully terminated in gold.

In this case make sure to talk to AQ and check if the 22 also requires a special Naim version.

From what I can understand from ckcage79’s post, the NACA5 is being used as a speaker cable (power {amp} cable). I would guess that the translation to English was not the best.

2 Likes

I am using Rocket 22 cables with Naim and Dynaudios at the moment. No heating, no humming, no need to talk to anybody. A nice breeze.

Surely this was the case and I was half kidding, and half didn’t want to let it stand like this because who knows what future readers of the thread will try :slight_smile:

yes Richard, I can confirm. Also that the english translation is not the best :slight_smile: Now previous post has been modified. I’m sorry for mistake.

2 Likes

Feel free. Others had serious issues with certain AQ cables, so. I think if AQ decide to put a warning on the website, they will know why.

Maybe it does not apply to the 22, but then there is no warning for AQ Type 5 either, and ask airedog about how much his Nova liked that one.

In any case, every time someone complains about overheating amps it turns out to be some Kimber, Cardas, or AQ cable. (And some AQ are surely fine but others definitely are not. In particular the Rockets come in different configurations, such as single bi-wire which is the opposite of what Naim amps want)

I remain in love with the Diablos, they surely deserve the best.

I wasn’t saying that they didn’t

Hi Cosca, this observation is not aimed a you or your point, but I struggle to understand the level of near anger that sometimes finds its way on to a forum thread for no real obvious reason generated from a simple question or statement, or am I in the wrong area? Oh no it affects all threads at sometime or another!! Has any one else noticed?

2 Likes