Naim Fraim - is it worth it really?

After a week or so and with new leads I guess it will take a few days to come back on song.

Regarding the Witch Hat Morgana cable I’m sticking with my current hat pin 4 and Phantom speaker cable as it sounds really good and I dont want to upset the balance.

Hi Richard,
what are your thoughts about a medium level at the bottom and two standard levels above it? The heaviest unit would go on the base and lighter ones on the higher levels.

I reckon that should be just fine.

1 Like

It is really well done. Quality carpentry and fittings.
It’s not easy to compare sound-wise as transferring the system means dis-assembing and rebuilding so contacts get remade, components are powered down, cool and are then restarted etc
Overall I’m really happy with the upgrade…

1 Like

Thanks Svetty, what did you replace that you found the simrak gave an improvement over?

Can’t remember the name but it was a metal frame and glass shelving rack I bought from the Sound Org maybe twenty years ago. Maybe not state of the art but the Sound Org don’t generally sell stuff that doesn’t sound OK. The reason for the change was partly sound and partly aesthetic …

0684cf5a2cdf0b3b4c1a66bc7ac2b00246cbdb9d_2_375x500

6 Likes

When I try the Morgana, I will try to remember to let you know the differences. Seeing we both use the same interconnect and speaker cables

1 Like

I would also be interested in your opinion on morgana, there were some comments on their site initially, but not many since.

2 Likes

I’ve just got mine setup and with a new NDX2 so can’t make judgement yet but certainly looks the part.

16 Likes

Okay Gazza. I might even post a topic about them. At present, I need to get use to my system, after quite a few changes this year.

1 Like

That looks super. Very nice indeed. When you take it apart to tighten it up in a couple of months, which you will need to do, you should have the very bottom shelf as the top of the base level. Then turn the one you currently have as the top of the base upside down and use it as the bottom of the base. That way, you won’t see the cutouts for the cups, which is the way it’s ‘supposed’ to be installed. You also need Fraim Chips or similar to stop the spikes biting into the floor. It will sound better too. When you fit the chips you can maybe rebuild the base.

4 Likes

Looks like there’s a gap for something special!

2 Likes

Congratulations popeye, a sweet system & rack and the ‘all black’ looks fantastic!

2 Likes

Very nice and neat set up there Popeye :sunglasses:

Hi popeye, I guess the space will shortly be occupied by an XPS DR for your new NDX 2, a Christmas present for yourself lol. Enjoy your new system. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Or a 555DR so Popeye only has to change one other box before ending up at ND555 level.

It’s great spending other people’s money! :smiley:

3 Likes

@RackKit @popeye or 3rd view demo at Titan Elekra cable for NDX2 and hold on to the ££££

In my case a MASSIVE uplift in musical return vs ££££ spent

Yes, if you buy wisely :wink:

I currently have a Powerline on my NDX2 and I have 2 more that will be added to my HicapDR and Supernait2 after Christmas once the NDX2 is run in.

1 Like

Similar for me. I have one on my SCDR, and plan to add to my XPS and 300PS. Might also try one on my phonostage.