NAIM HQ new demo room photos

Possibly also practicality, the cables were being swapped between the Statement and a 552/500,:so would probably have fallen off any stands.

@obsydian with a full 500 system and then Statement using ND555 the quality of the music and detail was just as I thought it would be with a 250K system

Do you see big fat middle age men with poor clothes? Like in the Kudos event?

Is it an Appartheid place?

Well I guess thatā€™s a good enough reason. When I visited before in the old listening room there were a lot of cables laying around, not in a disorderly way I should add, but no chance of fancy supports. I also had a look at ethernet & noted no sign of ā€¦ err ā€¦ audiophile types. Plenty of full fat Powerlines was nice to see.

Multicultural, there is freedom of choice.

Very odd still no SQ comments - i was expecting the usual on such and such track, blah, blah, blah ā€¦

Iā€™m sure absolute SQ was not the goal here. I mean they sell domestic hifi so their room is probably made to be a balance of absolutely not a professionally treated studio but also not the absolute worst living room either.

The slats on the walls probably give a reasonable approximation of random furniture in a room.

1 Like

@obsydian I was one of the last guys in the room so had IPAD to myself to lisen - couple of tracks which I know well
China Tori Amos
Mercy Street Peter Gabriel
Road Houses & Automobiles Chris Jones
Firth of Fith Genesis

All the above played through ND555, 555 PSU, Statement, Hi Line on 555 and SL loom

the depth of sound, detail and sound stage through this stystem was superb, the control on bass was a joy, mid range focus and clarifty - OUTSTANDING was my thoughts

6 Likes

Apparently the veil was lifted and sound arose from an inky black darkness that revealed the meaning of life.

1 Like

Just need a decent record deck and it will be a proper hi-fi system.

2 Likes

ā€¦demonstrating that the old demo room had indeed been truly brokenā€¦

1 Like

@Gwarminger as an LP12 owner and my main source I would say the ND 555 is very close to a top analogue source, for me it is now on of the finest digital sources on the market

I have heard a top LP12 and ND 555 @Cymbiosis at thier recent Kudos active demo day, personally I prefered the LP12 but personal choice -

NAIM have raised the bar with the new streaming range IMO by a long way

2 Likes

That comment was a bit tongue in cheek but I have the old fruit box that ends up being used a lot. I remember the old dem room being a bit small and dark. What happened to the Avid record deck Iā€™m Sure I saw there?

@Gwarminger no did not see that, the full current range at the back of the room on shelving, certainly the demo room now is a lovely place to enjoy what ever system is being used

Blockquote
Antz

17h

@Gazza Walnut! looks stunning in the flesh, sorry photos on phone not great resolution

Blockquote

Yes I thought it was walnut too but no, itā€™s the latest natural cherry (unstained) very nice indeed and Iā€™ll be ordering some very soon for my demo room.

KR,

Peter.

PS. Glad you enjoyed your day around HQ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

bad joke from meā€¦from what i see on the photo, ā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.