Naim knock-offs on the well known auction site!

Certainly don’t want a family quarrel!:grinning:

Ps I have visited but only for a month my views however do not reflect just this visit…

I bought a fake Rolex once in Bangkok. Worked for all of about six months if I recall. Which reminds me, I still need to get my damn real Omega repaired - for the third time!

Spend a few months there. I don’t deal in prejudice (your implied one) just facts. Facts don’t care about your feelings. I’ve been involved in fake pharmaceutical and diagnostic copies from this area. This is still ongoing so won’t comment further.

And PS, don’t get me started on their disgusting attitudes to animals. An important fraise for me when I’m there is 我是素食主义者

Chinese is not the only people some of which have disgusting attitude towards animals. I remember first time when I spoke to Paul Watson, the founder of sea shepherd, he was somewhat skeptical of this perhaps Japanese looking person. Not everyone approve their tactics to stop whaling but thank God there are people who will give so much to protect animals.

2 Likes

And therein lies one of the problems - “their disgusting attitudes.

I have no doubt that there are areas such as the now infamous meat market in Wuhan where animals were or maybe are treated exceptionally badly, and this is absolutely horrendous. However, although this in itself is no excuse, you can probably see very many similar examples in countries throughout Asia as a whole or in some African countries.

Look at some of the reality shows related to animal rescue groups in the US or the UK, and you could be forgiven for assuming that the British and Americans are nations of uncaring *%&^%$s who couldn’t care less about the welfare of animals. Does that imply that the rest of us are uncaring?

I spent a considerable time in China last year, visiting 6 large cities in diverse parts of the country. During my visit there, I did not see any evidence whatsoever of cruelty to animals, nor did I see any evidence to suggest that the Chinese people as a whole are indifferent to the suffering of animals. Instead, what I did see was countless families taking their well pampered and obviously well fed dogs for a walk on their leashes.

By the way, unlike you I am not a vegetarian and neither are the majority of people in China and the UK for that matter. Whilst I do see the paradox that this raises, I would contend that this does not make me an animal hating monster, and neither does it imply that the vast majority of the people in China have disgusting attitudes to animals.

I guess all of us here are against animal cruelty… who with any sense wouldn’t be?

You only have to look at the plight of the worlds wildlife to see how bad it can get everywhere. We don’t value wildlife in the UK nor do they do in China., Now trade in wildlife is another issue eg Pangolin, Tiger, Rhino, Elephant etc etc it’s such a long list !

I do feel this is very off topic now so let’s get back to the main thread of forgery and cloning
lest it be shut down .

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.