Naim muso 2 - Qobuz quality

Hi. I have just taken out a Qobuz subscription.

There are two options when controlling by phone. Either play music via the naim app or use the Qobuz app and cast it (by Chromecast I think).

I prefer the Qobuz app look and functionalities but would I lose quality going this way?

You can use AirPlay, Chromecast or Bluetooth to cast from a phone to a Muso. AirPlay will not give you anything above 16/44.1, regular CD quality. Chromecast might, but I would still be surprised if it sounded as good as Qobuz native from the Naim app.

I tend to browse and search in the Qobuz app, but play from the Naim app. It’s simple enough to flit between them.

2 Likes

Thank you. Is there any debugging information available within the naim app to determine what bit depth and bit rate the Chromecast method can make use of?

I believe Chomecast supports 24/96 but don’t make a bet on it.

I have Roon and Qubuz and use that, for NDX2, Atom, Mu-so2 and Mu-so Qb2 in my house. It all works and sounds great.

I use an Apple iPad Pro 12.9 as a Roon controller. FWIW: I hate the Naim app. I really don’t want to use my iPhone as a controller for anything.

Here’s the official explanation……

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that link. It answers it perfectly.

The ChromeCast Audio hockey puck streamers can handle 24/96. I’m pretty sure I’ve read (most likely on this forum) that the ChromeCast technology can handle 24/192.

Edit - it looks like ChrisSU beat me to it.

Ah, yes. I read that and stopped using ChromeCast for my Naim streamers. I still use it in other situations.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.