Naim nac 282 appreciation

Why is this MMky?

282/250 is in the study - and Iā€™m wfh at the moment due to COVID. 552/500 room taken over my kids.

Itā€™s in the profile. Iā€™ll do a write up later on another thread. I donā€™t want to detract from the awesomeness of the 282 here. Which could have been my endgame preamp.

I was told during a factory visit that there have been subtle changes inside.

The biggest change probably came with the introduction of ROHS. It meant a complete change of any component that didnā€™t comply with ROHS standards, as well as, of course, a change to lead-free solder, and components and boards that could withstand the higher temperatures required in flow soldering. It was a huge R&D project, and of course every current design of kit had to effectively go through R&D again as well as listening tests to ensure that performance was at least maintained, or ideally, improved.

3 Likes

Very interesting Richard, currently I am up to around 50-60 hours on the NDX2 and 282 since installed and it appears the bass control keeps sharpening, not sure if this is typical or not!

Donā€™t remember if I already wrote in this thread but no harm in praising 282 again. I love mine!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.