NAIM Nac 42 history

Nice. A purple led :thinking:

The lightning was originally blue. I was mucking about in photoshop and altered it to green but the led colour changed too.

1 Like

Ah thought that might be the case. Great pic tho :+1:

I can remember being at the Swiss Cottage show at some point in the 80s and the 42/110 playing Gaucho by Steely Dan and talking with Julian V about John Coltrane and cars!

1 Like

Was my first system as well and intro into Naim.
The 42/110 replaced my Quad 33/303. And then there was light! So usual flat earth stuff. Lp12, 42/110, and mk1 Kans. loved it. Replaces a technics direct drive TT the quad and some spendor BC1s. I remember being really disappointed when I bought the technics TT as it just sounded so flat and dull. It replaced a Thorens TD 150……which I sold to my roommate at college. I hope he still has it !

Exemplary with MC phono cards.
What about your evaluation, considering that it is in excellent aesthetic and functional condition.
Do you know some names of MC cartridges currently on the market that interface well with this input?

The S MC cards were originally designed around the Supex 900. The early Supex based Linn carts also were ideal.

These days low output Dynavectors work particularly well into S boards, but they’re generally very compatible with most LO MCs.

1 Like

Could £ 300 be a fair quote? Here in Italy some objects have antiques value but I generally see them everywhere

Several Forum-ites - including myself - have good experience with DV high output MC’s in Naim E boards. I currently have a DV10X running with Naim 523 E’s.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.