Naim Nait 1 balance control

Wasn’t there something a bit weird about the balance control on the NAIT 1 - in that it only attenuated the output of one of the two stereo channels and that the user was expected to adjust the balance by ear so that the amp sounded good through both loudspeakers (probably original Linn Kans)?

2 Likes
1 Like

Thank you, Robert. I knew that there was some strange quirk with the balance control.

Naim sidestepped that with the limited edition NAIT50 by dispensing with a balance control altogether.

1 Like

I have just re-read these four pages in the course of sending them to my sister, who is about to have her Nait serviced.

The writing seems blisteringly fresh and confident, as if from a different age. Which of course it was.

2 Likes

I’m very pleased if I’ve helped you make a decision.
New isn’t always better and it would be such a shame to concede a classic but still serviceable unit to recycle.
Get it sorted out and will be as good as new for many more years of pleasure.
If I’ve helped then great. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks, all the decision making has been hers. I’ve just tried my best to point out the plusses and minuses. Assuming she goes ahead (and the Nait is packed and ready for collection) it will be interesting to hear it in her flat when it comes back…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.