Naim Nait XS2 plays louder on right channel

Hello,
I recently noticed that my Naim Nait XS2 plays louder on right channel during quiet evening listening. I checked all other system components like cables, speakers and the source. Is it an abnormality or I shouldn’t care at all about it? Naim is still on warranty anyway.
Thanks for help

It’s a ‘feature’ of the analogue volume control and really not something you can do much about. I’m not sure whether the XS has a balance control but if not you can simply turn it up or, if that’s not possible, sit on the left hand side of the sofa…

1 Like

My SN2 does the same. Alps volume pot’s are guilty ones :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thank You for all of the replies! They made me calm down :slight_smile:

It’s funny how knowing that something is a “feature” and not a bug is universally reassuring!
Best

David

2 Likes

Well, I was just worried that something is wrong with my Nait. That’s why I calmed down. Ofcourse such things shouldn’t take place, and there is no need to discuss about it. Such company like Naim should control it…

That’s the nice one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji70FfgRlGM

The best balanced volumes I have had are on the 272 and the 72
The worst on my 252
My xs2 was pretty good too

Naim really should sort out this balance at low volume thing …there is always a mention of it coming up on this forum

indeed, my previous amp - xs2 has had perfect balance too.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.