Naim NDX 2 unboxing and request for advice

You said somewhere that you used to have Thiels, which ones and did you ever try them with the 300?
I had CS1.6 when I started on Naim amps and a 250 really kiched them into life, they were a bit too polite before. They’re now in my second system with the 250-2 and sounding better than ever.

I had 2.7s. They were lovely. I also found them a bit polite, but I liked them very much. My first set of serious speakers. When I went to upgrade my Wyred4Sound pre and power (which I hated), I ended up with a McIntosh integrated (which was much better, but nowhere near 300 territory). Anyway, the McIntosh dealer was also a Focal dealer. On one visit to listen to McIntosh speakers (absolutely horrible), he hooked up some Focal Electra 1038 Be speakers and I was smitten. A while later a friend (who somehow remains a friend) blew out the tweeters on my Thiel’s. I thought it a reasonable time to upgrade, so I fixed and sold the Thiels, and called the dealer about the Focal’s. He upsold me on the Sopra’s and I’ve been very grateful ever since.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.