Naim oddities

Just relaxing on my sofa, evaluating once more a NDX2 now that my CDX2 came back from Salisbury better than ever and I just got a pair of new VDH power cables, looking to a 8 box combo, a 282 w/HicapDR (3 boxes), a 300 DR (2 boxes), a UnitiQute2, a CDX2 and NDX2, and wondering why I see a front isolated power button in 2 of them, a back switch in 2 of them, a front power button in the top of a set of 4 buttons in another, and no power button at all at the NAPSC, requiring to unplug it if you intend to power down everything.
ItĀ“s a ego thing of one or the other Naim architect involved or there is some theory behind it ?
Just wonderingā€¦

quote "Simon Matthews designed the black look for Naim in 2001 and the Fraim but half way through Statement we employed him as group design director. "

https://www.focal.com/en/simon-matthews-designer

HeĀ“s the ā€œ50 ways to make a buttonā€ man ?

My guessā€¦
The NAPSC is tiny and should be left powered up.
The 282 has no power switch, cos its always powered by ā€˜something elseā€™ā€¦
The HC has a power switch.
The 300 has a power switch.
The NDX2 and CDX2 are intended to be powered by an XPS - which has a power switch.

Cannot comment on any othersā€¦ Donā€™t own them - or any of their parentsā€¦ :neutral_face:

Two out of three ainā€™t badā€¦

ItĀ“s a subliminary message to the CDX2 and NDX2 owners then, donĀ“t forget to buy the XPS, no XPS no power button.

2 Likes

I am very glad I got a good deal on a pre-loved CDX2 ā€˜power buttonā€™ā€¦ :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.