Naim power amps with Denon AVC-X6500H?

Bit of advice please! I have a Denon AVC-X6500H AV Amp which I’m currently sending the Front L & R signals to my 282/250 combo from the pre-amp connections on the Denon. Yesterday I wired up an old NAC 122 and nap 150 to the surround L & R pre-amp connections, which just leaves me the Centre channel being powered by the Denon amp itself.

I was wondering if it is possible for me to cut out the need for the Nac 122 and send the pre-amp signal from the denon direct to the Nap 150? If I can, I’d think about getting another to power the centre speaker.

There was a noticeable uptick in the SQ when I attached the 122/150 combo, hence the question about using the 150 on the centre speaker. All advice welcome!

Yes you can do this. I ran a similar setup a long while back using a spare set of 90.3 amps to drive the centre and rears straight from the processor. You just need the appropriate RCA to DIN cables made up. For the centre, I had the centre channel output connected to both L&R inputs and used the two channels of the Naim amp to effectively bi-amp the centre as my centre speaker was bi-wireable (just removed the links and connected both channels).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.