Naim Price rise Australia

You would need to check Customs costs/taxes, etc to see if it’s worth while. I had a look at this option for NZ and it didn’t stack up price wise. It will most likely depend on what you are buying and what the item costs.

1 Like

That might seem like a great idea until something goes wrong and you need support.

2 Likes

Naim have been known to tear any dealer who undercut another dealer in a dedicated region a new one. As such, few are willing to cross that line.

Take it from me, sending stuff 6000 miles away for servicing is just bloody awful. The shipping and customs wipes out any gains from VAT free UK purchasing. I do this because Naim just don’t exist in this country (Japan). Otherwise I’d not dare put my kind UK dealer in a position to game the system. If I really felt the prices were just taking the piss compared to other offerings in the country (that point is critical), I’d register my dissatisfaction by buying something with better cost performance. Given how crazy expensive any hifi not made in Oceania is I’d find a regional brand I liked or just lump it.

Hi Richard, Zen. I agree with you, I was playing devil’s advocate and was also hinting to the Australian distributor that if things get too pricey customers always have other options.

Hifi to me is an expensive purchase and I always like to purchase them from a shop where you interact with someone, but Naim in Australia is starting to get out of reach of the common folk. I am wanting to eventually get an XPS DR but if the price is going to be north of $9000 AUD I am going to have to reassess if it is really worth it. I’m starting to think I may be able to get an XPS from the UK and then get it DRed in Australia for approx $2000 AUD and have change from $9000.

Hi,

I wanted to provide some clarity on this topic from a Naim perspective. We understand that there are always going to be concerns and fears felt and expressed whenever there are distribution changes. However, please know that these decisions are never taken lightly, and the team at Busisoft may well be relatively new to Naim but they are giving it serious attention and the investment to support and grow Naim even further in Australia. I have personally met with the Busisoft management team on numerous occasions and have to say I am consistently impressed by their focus, support and passion for Naim.

To address some of the concerns raised here, and to reflect on some of the observations made, in the last 7 months Busisoft have made substantial investments in Naim marketing and have also been undergoing extensive training of their staff and dealer network on the Naim product range, fully supported by our very own Mark Raggett!

As for pricing, firstly, it’s important to state that Naim can only propose a recommendation of retail prices around the world. There are, of course, factors outside of our control such as exchange rate, import duties, and sales taxes that can lead to localised price differences. Also, different countries have varying logistical costs and overheads. Prices in Australia may also reflect the recent weakening of the AUS$ against the US$.

Having spent time getting to know the Busisoft team we have every confidence that they focus on Naim as a priority, and they certainly understand and respect what makes Naim so special despite some reservations voiced on this thread. I know they also totally appreciate the sometimes unique nature of our loyal customer base and they will do everything they can to provide great sales, service and support for Naim owners in Australia.

Thanks
Charlie

Gee Charlie you really know how to kill a thread. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

On a serious note I hope you’re correct and I guess only time will tell. Thank you for taking the time to respond to our concerns.

1 Like

To put things in perspective, high end Japanese gear is almost exactly twice the price in Australia. Naim aren’t there yet.

A few friends tried domestic high end Austalian/Kiwi brands. Their conclusion was that even at extortionate prices, foreign gear far outperformed their domestic stuff for the same money. I in no way mean that as a disrespect to regional manufacturers. It’s simply what people found and why they still pay up. I guess comparing Naim prices in Australia with the UK isn’t meaningful in that context. It’s how it performs per dollar against other stuff in Oceania. It would seem it still holds up.

The state is you and business’s enemy, always.

Australia has 230v 50hz. Import used.

Charlie I think you need to chat to all the ex-Naim dealers down here. I hear the difference in stores that used to actively promote Naim and now promote other brands in preference. A very different landscape from the recent golden years of Naim in Australia.

1 Like

Thanks Charlie for your reply, it’s nice to know we are not forgotten down here.

I hope that we soon start sharing your confidence in the BusiSoft team, coming on board and hiking up the prices is not a good way to start. Great sales, service and support is irrelevant if we can’t afford the products.

This is exactly what I’ve noticed Busisoft ran 3 ads in the last edition of Hi Fi Aust mag none were for Naim, and I haven’t noticed any in recent months. There was always an ad in partnership with a dealer at least and often articles as well from another large dealer in Sydney. Both dealers are still running ads however now featuring other brands.

If you log into Busisofts website it tells you nothing about Naim no links to HQ or dealers.

2 Likes

Reminds me of a company I worked at way back. I was asked to broker an exclusive deal with a US software provider for the Japanese market. Not because we wanted to sell it, but because we wanted to bury it and make sure it did not compete with our other stuff. I did and we did and that’s just business. We talked up the prospects of how we could represent their product in Japan, got them to sign and then made sure it never saw the light of day.

Hated working for that company with a passion so was pretty glad when they went under a year after I left for greener pastures.

1 Like

Pete, I’ve just been on the Busisoft website where it lists Naim as one of its brands and if you click on the Naim logo it takes you to the main Naim website.

I tried it last night and it went nowhere, I’ll try it again (none of the links worked).

Just checked the links are working now (all of them), a glitch.

:small_blue_diamond:How long has Busisoft been a distributor in Australia.?

/Peder🙂

They have only recently taken on Naim distribution in Australia. If you read Charlie’s post above, it will give you a bit more detail and perspective.

1 Like

Hi all,

I find this thread extremely interesting. My concern is how all of this relates to the loyal customer base in New Zealand.

We have one of the best local Naim support teams in Australasia (Chris and his colleagues) I would be keen to hear that Busisoft feel the same.

My concern isn’t primarily about price.

Cheers

2 Likes

Mine isn’t either I’ve always expected to pay a premium. To me it’s about the brand, my concern is that it’s now just another brand in some distributors portfolio. It’s not necessarily their fault either it’s hard to be passionate about one brand over another when you have lots horses in your stable.

1 Like