Naim radio song title missing

Hi all, brand new to the community as I’m a first time Naim owner. Purchased a Uniti Star and NAC A5 hooked up to my old Nautilus 805 speakers.

I listen to internet radio quite often and have noticed that most stations display artist and title. However I don’t get that information with Naim radio or Naim jazz stations. Am I don’t something wrong? I’m in the US.

I find the information useful so I can look up albums and additional tracks when I hear something I like.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Track info on iRadio seems to be a problem for some stations, especially on the higher quality lossless FLAC streams that have appeared recently. Still, after a rocky start Radio Paradise seem to have managed it, so it’s certainly possible.
In the meantime as a workaround, put the Shazam app on your phone and you’ll have a quick easy way to identify any tracks that catch your attention.

Hi @Canuck

The 320K AAC Naim Radio Streams in Naim’s Choice have metadata.

The FLAC ones currently do not. The backend playout system currently can’t embed the metadata in the FLAC stream. Last year the software provider had it on their roadmap, but due to Covid they have seemed to restructured their development plans and this feature has dropped lower on their priority list.

With regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

1 Like

Is there anywhere online that will show what’s currently playing?

https://www.naimaudio.com/radio/player
Doesn’t seem to be working.

Yes, that player is no longer active - but I believe a replacement is imminent. I’ll check with the team and post a new link/ETA

1 Like

Hi all thank you so much for the quick responses. What a great community!

1 Like

One solution when this info is not available is to ask siri what is playing. It will listen and 9 out of 10 times it will come up with the correct anser. I have not tried on Android but since google tends to be much better at giving meaningful answers to questions I am sure it works here also.

I’ve been using Apple devices for ages and don’t think I’ve ever asked Siri to listen. Thank you just used it to add a song to my Tidal favorites.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.