Naim SBL vs LS3/5a

I have spare tweeters from Falcon but not mid bass drivers. I always wonder about the crossovers.
Amazing speakers ……

I had two sets of spare Naim xovers; gave one pair away to someone in need.

I agree.

M

My SBLs MK1 with late MK2 drivers will become doners for the SL2s if things go south.

Replaced the SL2 tweeters last year before they sold out.

SL2s are keepers for sure very hard to beat without spending an absolute fortune!

1 Like

Martin these are the SL2s you directed me to a few years ago still going strong :+1:

Would you care to list some speakers that fall into that class?

I heard a pair of Sonus Faber Amati Anniversario several years ago and some Kharmas which were rather good.

I would not mind parting with some money but I don’t want it to be an expensive mistake

My current thinking is that I would like a nice pair of speakers for the second system which could also replace the SL2 if needed later

There is also the constraint that they need to be partnered with my current sources and amps so that rules out options like living voice obx which I also really liked as well

When I made that quote I was thinking of the Kudo 808s and especially @TimOopNorth comments when he auditioned the 707s and 808s.

Oo er not sure I am up to taking responsibility for this kind of thing :wink:

1 Like

Gets expensive :grin:

Yes what a big responsibility😂

I think Kudo 808 would a step a bit too high and I would probably end up with a huge mullet, then again same with Sonus Faber as well

I am going to try out the C7 and M30.2, the winner of which will be tried in France, but I’m sure some will (if not already) say that these speakers are not a good idea with a NAC42/NAP110, they are possibly too good. The source I’m sure is up to it though

Sorry but it begs the question are there any speakers that are still made that go together as perfect as can be with a NAP110

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.