Naim Service Request in US

I can vouch for Chris’ work. Not only he’s knowledgeable his work is meticulous! :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, if they make mistakes like this, I wouldn’t give them a second chance either…:unamused:

1 Like

Chris West knows more about Naim than anyone in the US. That is the reason for the long wait and the higher cost. Focal/Naim NA has proven to be very competent and considerate in the past when I have dealt with them however.

1 Like

Ive used my Nac 72 with a turntable during the weekend, it was pure joy.

1 Like

When I got a pre-loved early 552 a few years ago, after a long hunt, I lived with it for a while before sending it off to AV Options for a full rebuild and DR upgrade. Given that I change gear infrequently, and fully expect the 552 to see me out, I have no problem with the extra cost and the extra time factor (in addition to needing to book a slot in advance, sometimes months ahead). There’s great peace of mind in knowing that your gear has been serviced by someone who’s experienced, knowledgeable, and obsessive about every last detail.

I had a mild concern when I first got the 552 about sample variation - I had never even heard a 552 before, so I wondered it my unit was slightly sub-par - but, given that AV Options effectively rebuilt it from scratch, that concern went out the window. It’s not a stretch to wonder if it came back to me better than new (in addition to the DR upgrade).

4 Likes

I have olive equipment redone by AV Options including one of the best amps I have ever heard (“ultimate” Nait 2 with a suitable speaker pairing).

Yes, Chris West and team at AV Options are the best. They go to great lengths to “do it right the first time”. This requires patience from the customer but is worth it. I just wish they would repair the newer integrateds.

I think the key factor with AV Options is that rather than simply replacing components and a few tests, they know how the kit should measure, how it should sound, and then lastly, they ensure proper run-in to avoid problems.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.