Naim stageline?

@Tazio looking at Richard’s diagram above, the direction marker (collar) end of your existing Snaic4 would plug in at the indicated socket of the Flatcap, not your NAP90.

I think the Flatcap is supplied with a Snaic5.

The Flatcap would indeed have been originally supplied with a SNAIC5.

1 Like

Many thanks everyone For your time that has been very helpful and clarified things …I was lucky enough last night to phone a friend of mine who I knew had olive niam and he has agreed to sell me his little used flatcap so I can add it and the NA522 phono cards to my system .many thanks
Just one small thing it looks like I spelt my user name incorrectly it should be Tazio I assume I can change it under profile ?.

Changed it for you.

Twenty years ago, had a CD3.5 fed by Olive Hicap, into Nait 3/Hicap into Linn Kan. I still have fond memories of this little fantastic combo.

Regards
Roberto

1 Like

Roberto, I like the sound of that system! I’d like to hear it.

I sold the system to a friend who still own pretty much the lot bar the CD3.5 perhaps. Then i restarted my Naim adventure with the Black Series, nSat, SL2 and finally with my last present systems.
Regards
Roberto

1 Like

Me too Roberto, though I had nap90/nac92 with mm boards as my first naim experience into rega EL8s.

Currently doing great things connected to a Sonos connect and a cheap turntable as the first proper hi fi my brother in law has ever had. Keeping it warm until one of my kids is old enough to get the bug.

When i bought the Nait 3 in ’ 96. had mc cards inside for LP12/Archiv. Later i downgraded to Rega Planar 3/Elys and changed for mm cards. My impression is that, generally vinyl performance - particulary dynamics was better with Nait 3 with internal boards than bare Nait XS with Stageline mm. Adding the HC-DR to the amp. probably improved the things, However i reckon that recently i use vinyl very little so my feedback may be not that reliabe.

Regards
Roberto

Much appreciated Thankyou …

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.