Naim Unitiqute Mk 1 Wont stay on?

Hi John, apologies for late response. I had a good look at your unit & as luck would have it, it was misbehaving straight away, which gave me a chance to see what was going on. The main processor was randomly & incorrectly detecting a streaming card (Bridgeco) hardware change & requesting a reboot. The data lines between the two are direct (no series components), the ribbons & streaming card had already been replaced on a previous repair. This lead me to believe that the main processor was at fault, which would also explain the loss of settings.
The processor is of course obsolete, which in turn, has lead to the main PCB also becoming obsolete.
At that point it was looking bleak for your Qute & I was unaware that the news had filtered through to you.
However, not one to be defeated, I persevered & managed to locate a main PCB, once serviced & fitted, the fault did not reoccur. So I’m hopeful it is fixed!
It should be back with you soon.
I will keep my fingers crossed!!

Regards
Neil.

17 Likes

Now THAT’s the hallmark of a great company.

Best regards, BF

2 Likes

The service dept; the true heart of the factory. (Apart from the canteen and being spoiled by Kate).

3 Likes

Excellent job Neil. Yet another instance of going “above and beyond” - bravo!

3 Likes

I’ve read this thread with interest and have to say what absolutely fantastic service from Naim! Kudos to Neil.

Peter

2 Likes

Hi Neil… Sorry for the late reply, I did post immediately you sent the happy news but it looks like it never made it to the forum! Anyway thank you so much for your excellent service and persistence . The gist of the reply was agreeing with all the great comments other people had made and looking forward to may more years of happy listening. Thank you once again. John

2 Likes