Naim Unitiserve 2GB hard drive

I have a unitiserve 2GB device. Forums often talk about a hard drive that has stopped working due to age… I plan to make a copy of the hard drive before it runs out. A few questions about this:

1. Unitiserve supports a maximum of 2GB disk?
  2. Is it true that the SSD disk does not last long in the unitiserve device (as I understand somehow related to the old windows and
    with the hard disk communication method)?!?
  3. I myself have thought of Seagate Ironwolf 2GB as a new drive (or maybe even Seagate Ironwolf Pro 2GB?!?)?
  4. Does this hard disk limit of 2GB mean that the disk format should be FAT32?
    Many thanks in advance!!!

Surely a question for Naim Support - @Richard.Dane - ??

Yes, probably a question best addressed by Naim support.

The HDD in the Unitiserve contains the entire OS, database etc as well as just music files, so you cannot simply slot in a replacement. Ideally it’s a job for a Naim service agent - as far as I’m aware nobody has been able to DIY this.

Yes, unlike the Uniti Core, the OS on the earlier HDD models is stored on the HDD so a simple backup drive isn’t an option.

Naim used Seagate “pipeline” drives in the older HDX/NS/Uniti models, I’m guessing there was a reason for this(?)

1. Unitiserve supports a maximum of 2GB disk? YES!
  2. Is it true that the SSD disk does not last long in the unitiserve device (as I understand somehow related to the old windows and
    with the hard disk communication method)?!? NO NOT TRUE!!
  3. I myself have thought of Seagate Ironwolf 2GB as a new drive (or maybe even Seagate Ironwolf Pro 2GB?!?)? CRUCIAL MX500 2TB is good
  4. Does this hard disk limit of 2GB mean that the disk format should be FAT32?
    Many thanks in advance!!! YES FAT32 and Two Partions
1 Like

MCZ 10v1500uF has gone bad… the device is still working. The question is, should we stop using the device until this capacitor is replaced?!?

Again, something I think only Naim’s service dept via Naim support can answer.

800 quid right there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.