Naim Untit Nova plus Core

Can someone please advise if I buy the above Nova will it drive my BW 803D3 speakers, presently using Linn Select DSM with amp but like the sound of the Naim.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tom

Im sure it will and will be a beautiful combo. Congrats! (And welcome)

I would recommend a home demo, much better to listen yourself, if at all possible. You do not mention what amp you are currently using? Anyhow welcome to the forum, i am sure someone with particular knowledge will come and post shortly.

As far as I’m aware, the Uniti Nova has higher power than the Selekt DSM’s optional power amp. It it a powerful thing and will certainly get noise out of the B&Ws. That said it’s an enormously unbalanced setup - you just don’t match a £4,200 all in one, no matter how good it is, with illustrious £13,000 speakers if you want to get the best possible performance with £17,000. I wonder how you ended up with that combination. Maybe the 803s are left over from a previous much larger system.

You mention Core in your title but not in the post. Are you thinking of getting one? How do you rip and store your music at the moment?

Currently using the Linn Select DSM with Katalyst and amp

Thanks for responding so quickly

Regards,
Tom

As HH has posted they are some speaker to get the best out of…if you really do want to go down the Nova route do try at home first.

Hungryhalibut, thanks for responding so quickly, the Linn goes good with the B&W but reading the reviews of the Naim thought they might give me more power.

Again thanks for your help.

Regards,
Tom

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.