Nait 2 casework respray

I’m in Bristol and can recommend a powder coating company, if that helps?

Just to be clear. I would only use black pen on tiny white marks on CB or Olive gear. It won’t work on classic casework. I had tiny mark on 52 and felt pen solved it.

This is an April Fools Day joke

Started on 30th March?

1 Like

Hammerite make a brush cleaner, which you can use to thin the paint.

Alternatively, think of something similar such as ZInsser Black Exterior Satin, a can of which I have bought for my outdoor railings, which take a battering from the salty air here by the seafront in Brighton.

(I’m not intending to use it on any Naim casework, but anyone interested might want to try it on an unseen part.)

So what, it’s still a ridiculous idea. The best thing to do is take it to a good automotive body shop and have them paint it. You could also have it powder coated. Do not use a Rattle Can it will look like crap. It’ll get a run in the paint or a bug , dust, hair… seriously get it done right.

1 Like

Ok, so i followed some earlier advice & soaked the outer case in warm water with washing up liquid. I left it soak for around 20 minutes or so & rather than using a small brush, i rubbed my finger over the top to start with then finished off with a wet soft duster, i rubbed quite firmly, thinking what do i have to lose, it was quite a mess. Well, the result is quite astonishing. It honestly looks like brand new! All of the black sheen is now correct & present.

I was not expecting that i have to say.

7 Likes

Result…!!

Simple Solutions Are The Best.

Cost near £0-00.

1 Like

Absolutely :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you know it’s a ridiculous idea if you’ve never tried it?

And why someone without a single piece of Naim equipment is on the NAIM Forum defeats me completely.

Please refrain from making personal judgements of other members. Thanks.

4 Likes

We’re a “broad church” here……I think. :grinning:

I’ve also had some success with black shoe polish on the sides of a couple of olive 250s…following the attentions of the young Zebedee!

That’s great news. It’s always nice when something works better than expected. It’s a shame you don’t have before and after pictures.

1 Like

That’s the one regret, i wish i had done this, you would have been amazed at the improvement, it looked, tatty on top.

1 Like

@anon70766008 …Actually I have a Muso 2

2 Likes

Does anyone know how these cases were finished at the factory? I know that the finish on my olive and my classic stuff is all different. The surface finish on my 282 being completely different to my Ndx2. Colour the same, hmjust a different surface finish.

1 Like

It would be good if you could buy the paint used by Naim in the Factory, but I have never heard what paint is used.

As posted earlier, the cases were powder coated.

1 Like

Interesting - my 2002 252/SC/250 look the same as my 2022 NDX2.

Only really noticed it when i fid my annual strip and rebuild. I use a mildy damp microfibre cloth to remove dust. Some were quite smooth, some more " rough". Visually they looked similar.

1 Like