Nait 2, LP12, Kans Mk1 help

Can I recommend using 4 empty cassette boxes, 1 under each foot. In my opinion it worked better than a trampolin on a sideboard. Worth a try if you have some lying about.

1 Like

Hi. My second Sondek came with 774 and AR P7. Used it with Nait 2 Cb and Kef ref 102/2. After an Lvx arm the new bass was a revelation to my ears. Never used the silicone damping but have a soft spot for the combination. Still have the Nait and due a service I think.

2 Likes

How interesting! I shall take a look for some. Nice to know it was on a sideboard also.

Thanks. Yes, I’m really enjoying the combo and am just playing with some damping which seems to have improved the sound. Just have enough so that the paddle is skimming it.

For what it is worth I thought I would add my personal experience with the Linn Kan Mk 1s and my LP12 in various guises, driven by a variety of older Naim preamps and poweramps (ultimately the olive 250). As a previous member indicated, the Linn Kans do some things very well and do respond well to a really good source and amplification. I owned my pair for about 6 years during which time I significantly upgraded the arm/cartridge on the LP12 and the power amp. These improvements were obvious. Having said that I could never get rid of the strident higher frequencies and bass shyness that I also would describe as fatiguing. So I found them to be frustrating speakers. I always felt that the Kans were intended by Linn to be the entry level speaker that could be revealing of source and amplification upgrades and allowed, according to their “source first” philosophy, someone to focus on the other components before upgrading the speakers. Much as a loved the great things that the Kans could do, in hindsight, t would probably have been better to take a more balanced approach and swap out the Kans sooner than I did.

3 Likes

I agree, keep the pre-Cirkus bearing the classic choice for a Naim system.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.