Nait 2 + ND5XS2

The latest ND5XS2 firmware 3.6 to my lugs is a marked improvement over 3.5 so yesterday I have secured a deal on another ND5XS2 for my Nait 2 / Allaes (the current ND5XS2 feeds an MScaler / Qutest on the main rig, sounds stunning)

This will form a second system in the new kids room as this is nearly complete, not sure who is the biggest kid here as I’m quite excited.

More in a couple of weeks when things come together.

3 Likes

That should make a very nice system - the ND5XS2 is a fine player and should work very nicely with the Nait 2.

1 Like

i have a nait 3 and the ND5 works great with it. the 2 should be cracking as well. Lucky kids :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks James I just wanted something very simple built around the Nait 2 / Allaes and allow a digital input for the telly, xBox etc

1 Like

The other thing is that the girls are coming to an age (11 & 9) and discovering music, with Qobuz the world is in their hands.

2 Likes

Perfect - good way of keeping the whole family happy !

1 Like

I have a Nait 3 in my study/ son’s games music room. Am considering a streamer. Is the Bluesound Node 2i any good? Looks like a bargain or should I get something more like an ND5 XS?

I had one before in my main system before it was replaced by the NDS.

Its a brilliant streamer for the money Dan.
Good SQ and hosts all the main platforms.
The app is first class too

3 Likes

Slow down man, It’s going to be 500 series sets for their 21sts at this rate!

3 Likes

Dan the ND5 sounds really very good but if you want a stop gap for a while a Chromecast Audio with HDR set to on in its settings is surprisingly very good. I had mine set up as so until i picked up the ND5

1 Like

Things are not quite together as the carpet is delayed by approximately 4-5 weeks so I’ve thrown some spare underlay down, rug then got to work connecting up this setup.

ND5XS2 is new so going through a burn in period but I have to say it sounds wonderful and a nice pairing with the Nait 2.

Some spare Phantom speaker cable connecting the Allaes.

Did I say this is the kids room…

3 Likes

Looks great and I’m sure it sounds rather fine too !

1 Like

One thing I have noticed using the ND5XS2 / Nait 2 and its the usual balance issue when playing a low volume so I have turned on variable volume control on the ND5XS2 to trim down the 2v RMS and this has corrected the issue allowing more volume play on the Nait.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.