Nait 2 vs Nac32/42-Nap110/140

I had the same experience with my Uniti Screen (just after 5 years) and have been waiting 10 weeks for it to come back. This is why I’m sticking to their CB era equipment now. My Nait1 is from 1986 and hasn’t had a fault yet. I was very disappointed with Naim due to the screen issue being pretty much every Uniti, Qute etc from that age, an at cost repair due this being a common (all the people I know with one) fault.
I don’t think you can go wrong with CB, right through the range. Add a streamer (I am using a Chromecast Audio into a Fiio Dac (total cost £50) and it is great (not as good as the Uniti, but that was £3000).

2 Likes

My current main system uses both a Nait 2/ Kan and a 32.5/Hicap/250/iota alpha set-up.

For me, the nait is used for late night, low volume listening where the quality is more important than the quantity of the sound. It feels a more delicate, considered sound.

The 250 system takes over when I want to tear the room to pieces with the quantity of sound and base. It does the heavy lifting work of the set-up. Hope this helps in my non-audiophile words!

16 Likes

the spendors have just arrived :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

:tired_face: :tired_face: :tired_face:

Oh dear. Looks like some work needed. I thought the foam surround had gone but the originals look like a rubber surround. Has it split/perished or discoloured. Couldn’t quite make it out from the pics.

I contacted the seller, the speakers have been standing still for a few years and surely the rubber has dried, he accepted the return

1 Like

The Nait 1 and 2 are particularly good at low volume listening, and to my ears much more engaging than a 32/Hi/250 when used as such. Given the right high efficiency speaker, a Nait 1 is hard to beat.

3 Likes

My Nait1 works really well with Rogers LS7T, I have low sealing and can give them space in my attic but beat many other systems that I have owned. I have them running all day 5 days a week. I have a CB Nait2 that I could use but I find the Nait1 pairs better.

1 Like

If i had to pick the best music maker between a Nait 1 & 2… the ‘1’ gets the nod :wink:

1 Like

@Faux75 what connectors do you need to the chromecast /Fiio dac set up?
Thanks.

Dear F
Great gear!
Since we share the Iota Alphas and Nait 2 I had two questions for you, if ok?

1. Some here mentions the Nait2 and Kans as good match. I find the Alphas and Nait 2 match very well, with the excellent mid and top of the Alphas. I actually preferred that combo to Allaes and Nait 2.
    My second question is what you think of Alphas compared to Kans?
    Regards Fred

Even with a digital source?

Yes, even with a digital source.

1 Like

Jim before you meet your maker you owe it to yourself to try a Nait 1 or 2.

1 Like

I use a 3.5mm Toslink to Mini Toslink Digital Optical S/PDIF between CCA and DAC then RCA to Din (5pin 180) from the DAC to Nait1. Again, this is a simple and very cheap solution which can take WAV using Plex on my server. Or you can cast from a phone.

1 Like

Hi Fred

Many thanks for the questions.

The Nain and Kans are the classic combination, I find them very musical with a detailed sound. A little thin on the bass side of things but great for low volume listening. I have not tried the Nait with Alphas yet! I must try that. When hooked up the the 250, the alpha rock!

I will try the Alpha/ Nait combo at the weekend and report back!

All the best

1 Like

Great, F!
I think the full midrange and bass og the Neats fit the leaner (leaner than 32-250) Nait 2.
Looking forward to hear your opinion!
F

wow - very nice vintage set up.
would love to hear that…

who is the producer of this rack?
looks stunning together with the CB line

IIRC, I think it’s a Sound Organisation unit from the 90s, also came in all black, originally with smoked glass shelves and each shelf was adjustable for height / position. Can be bought fairly cheaply on the auction site.

Agree - looks great with the CB set up @Fetchezlavache !

cool - thanks

Did you try the Alphas and Nait 2? A great combo, not?