Nait 5 + Stageline + Flatcap 2. How to connect?

Hello,

I have been reading this board for ages, although I don’t recall ever posting before. I have always felt that I learn more by listening than by speaking, and boards are no different.

I believe this is a straight forward question, although the related topics provided some guidance, I would appreciate some clarification.

For context, my current system is a Rega P5/Dynavector 10x5/Stageline N/Nait 5/Rega R1. It’s been lovely. I’ve tiptoed into streaming using the Lightning/USB input into a Schiit Bifrost UBER (Chord RCA/DIN). Since then, my vinyl collection has stalled in favor of Qobuz and I believe this shall be the way forward, most likely with with something in the Uniti line, equally likely a ND5.

So. I have a SNAIC 5 connecting the Stageline N to the Nait 5. I have recently acquired a secondhand Flatcap 2. I expect these two to be paired for eternity hereafter.

I understand that I can simply re-purpose the SNAIC 5 previously connecting the Stageline to the Nait 5 and add the requisite SNAIC 4, and be on my way - losing vinyl playback.

If I wish to retain analogue playback, can I simply acquire another SNAIC 5 and reconnect to the powered connection on the Nait 5? The schematic I have reviewed suggests that a SNAIC 4/5 is required as well. Are there multiple connection options?

I appreciate your endurance of this remedial question.

Hi, Welcome!

From memory, output B of the FC2 feeds the Stageline with a Snaic5. You will need another Snaic5 and a Snaic4 to power the Nait 5 from the FC2’s output A.

This will give you all you want from your record player plus a perception of a bit more drive from your Nait.

Enjoy your set.

C.

Thank you, C. You’ve been helpful.

1 Like

Hi
I ran a Nait 5 from the flatcap, cd5 from the flatcap and stage line from the aux 2 input.

Me too. But my Nait 5 and FC2 also had a CD5 too, just like your set.

From the published info provided by the OP, they haven’t got a CD5.

That is correct. I do not have a CD5. Fact is, I can not recall the last time I listened to a CD. Thanks again for the comments, I believe I know the way forward.

I’d be curious to hear a Nait 5 with Hicap DR and the Stageline powered from Aux2…

I found adding a HiCap to the Nait5 a little too much, the FlatCap2 seemed just about right to my ears. Nicely balanced.
Enjoy.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.