Nait 50 v Atom

Apologies for this I’m getting myself confused. I’m actually trying to find out if the Node X and Nait 50 would be a better proposition component wise to the Atom ie are the internals in the two units comparable or is there a large enough gap in quality to justify the separate units. Sorry again for the questions

My budget prevents the latter unfortunately

1 Like

Good morning. Yes I’m confusing myself. I’m trying to find out if the Node X streamer and DAC is comparable to the Atoms and also if the internals of the Nait 50 are much more superior. I guess I’m still trying to get the best bang for my buck with a limited budget. Sorry for the questions

for a limited budget :
ATOM

for a better budget :
EVERSOLO DMP-A6 + NAIT50

2 Likes

There are two versions. Which do you recommend looking at?

In that case, the Atom is probably the best option for the streaming experience and functionality. Unless you are happy to go for a used product, you might get a used Nova for the cost of a new Atom.

2 Likes

Or the ND5XS2 with Nait 5si .

2 Likes

So you think the Atom is better than the combo of the Node and Nait from a sound and component point of view?

Too late now…

1 Like

I haven’t done the comparison, but I don’t think using an average streamer on the Nait 50 is the way to have a balanced system. If you want a Naim system to your budget, the Atom is what fits best, unless you go used. If you plan to replace the Node with a better streamer later, then a Nait is a great option.

My first Naim gear was a UnitiQute2, which the Atom replaced, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

2 Likes

I am looking to upgrade slowly and headphones are a consideration too. Thanks for you input

1 Like

I agree - the Nait 50 is a high end integrated - albeit with no / minimal automation and only two line level source inputs and one MM input. It has no ‘tape’ loop… but it has a rather good headphone amp and it oozes quality and performance as an amp. However unless you are going to invest/procure/have already higher end sources, support, speakers and even some room treatment you are possibly better off looking elsewhere than the Nait50.

3 Likes

There’s a limit to how useful the advice you can get here will be - no-one is in exactly the same situation as you and no-one has done exactly the comparison that you are asking about. There comes a point when you have to go to a dealer and listen for yourself, judging three factors in your decision - what are your practical requirements; what do you expect in terms of sound quality; how much money can you spend? For what it’s worth, I have experience of the Nait 50 but none of the other products you are considering. The Nait 50 is a very capable and musical and the better the source, the better the sound, and the amp is good enough to reveal quite subtle changes in the source. It deserves the best possible source if you are to hear the best of it. If it satisfies your other practical requirements eg headphone amp, lower power (some limitations in terms of room size and speakers) and you don’t mind the restrictions of inputs, remote, then you might think about it long term as the centre of a system. You could then get it going with a lower level streamer with the intention of upgrading your source(s) later. As Simon suggests above, you will also need to plan to invest in a decent support, speakers etc to make the best of it. If on the other hand you want the most flexible product with good sound and an end to developing a system over the longer term, then something like the Atom may well suit you better.

5 Likes

Thanks again Simon, a great reply as usual

Fabulous reply thank you. I do intend to upgrade so maybe it’s the answer. I can pick one up for a £1000 off RRP hence the questions

2 Likes

I’ve just stopped messing about and have bought a Nait 50. Deal was too good to pass up. Preper for setup questions when it arrives😂. Thanks to everyone for their advice

8 Likes

Excellent. As you’ve saved some cash I’d suggest you add it to the streamer budget and get an ND5XS2, either new or used. The Nait 50 is a fine amplifier and deserves something decent. You can pick up a used ND for around £1,600. There is a nice looking one on eBay, only a few months old.

4 Likes

Good,keep this thread open, as long as people keep posting it will not get closed .

You will need some RCA to Din interconnect

Thanks Ian I’m on it​:+1:t3::+1:t3:

@Ian2001 Does the OP have a TT? Why RCA to DIN?