Nait XS used as integrated VS Nait XS pre + NAP200

In current production, yes.
The old XP5 XS in the slimline case (matches the nDAC) will too. Not as good as the more expensive options, but still a step up on self powered.

2 Likes

1 Like

What kind of DIN is used for analog out on the nDAC? Don’t know if I recognize that one. And it doesn’t look the same as the one I’m using from the V1, if I remember correctly.

I use a DIN5 to DIN5. A RCA to RCA or DIN5 to RCA can be used as well. Likely the same as a V1

I see. But to me these to in the pics don’t look the same to me.

They are not the same. The nDac has a line output while the V1 has a pre out. One is a source, one is a preamp.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon4489532

Beat me to it, different cables required for the V1 and nDAC. The nDAC would originally have shipped with a standard Naim 5 Pin to 5 Pin DIN interconnect cable being a source device. There are many options here from Naim and others. The cable you’re using for your V1 won’t work for an nDAC importantly.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. 5-5 should probably be in my modest arsenal of cables :slightly_smiling_face:

If you buy a used nDAC it may well come with a standard Naim DIN interconnect, a source component is supplied when new with a DIN interconnect and a IEC mains power cord.
If you buy a used nDAC it may not come with any of those things and even the original packaging may not be supplied. It’s always worth confirming this including if the packaging matches the product as the serial number is on the packaging as well.

Here’s the standard Naim DIN IC for reference.

2 Likes

Yes, I would prefer original state of packaging and supplies. The same way I sell mye things «ready to go».

Back on this path. Among other things I am thinking of selling the Nait XS and bying NAP 200 and NAC 82 with the NAPSC. My question: I have the Flatcap 2, powering Stageline N and preamp in the XS. Will the Flatcap 2 be of any use to the NAC 82? I will keep it anyways to power the Stageline, so it would be positive if it could power both.

-Thomas

And right now I made a deal with a guy to buy his NAC 82 w/ NAPSC, NAP 200 and NacA5 speaker cables. NM condition, newly serviced. I am shaking with excitement! The Nait XS is for sale. The DAC V1 was shipped to its new owner today. I am sorry but the DAC in the Bluesound Node 2i is very good, also compared to the V1. The price difference (ÂŁ1.570) is not worth it when being used as a DAC. I will still be looking for a Naim streamer, but for now I am looking forward to get to know the 82/200 combination.

3 Likes

The more revealing nature of that pre/power setup might well change your opinion on source quality.

1 Like

That’s going to be one very nice setup. Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks! Exciting times ahead!

1 Like

More than excited to get going!

The 82 is a fantastic pre. I’ve used mine with a CB250 with one hicap and then two. Then swapped to 2 x 135s. Keeps getting better. Now with a Suoercap 2! Congrats on your wonderful upgrade!

2 Likes

Thanks Dan. Not yet recieved it, but can not wait! :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

What do think of the ND5 XS2 as a source/ DAC to this combo?