Nakamichi Dragon (kinda) Soundbar

Has anyone heard this? A monster 11.4.6 Wireless home surround sound system/soundbar with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X Pro, Quad Subwoofers and Omni-Motion Reference Surrounds.

Nakamichi says it’s “a 21-channel plug-and-play surround sound system with 15 digital amplifiers, quad subwoofers, six upfiring speakers and two Omni Motion Reference Surrounds. The system supports Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision, Qualcomm aptX HD and is the first wireless system to be equipped with DTS:X Pro technology, set up can be done in 15 minutes”.

Apparently it was a huge hit at CES and while it’s about £3,500 it is apparently awesome. The reviews have been sellar. It certainly looks a beast. So many great names from the past – Akai, Sansui etc – are reborn, only to become badges for utter crap. It doesn’t look like that’s the case with the Nakamichi brand. Which is nice.

5 Likes

How true - and a great shame.

3 Likes

I think I’d like to hear one. I am painfully aware that our Meridian DSP 5.1 system is somewhat elderly (bit like its owners), could start to die at any time, and £3.5k is not an extortionate amount (two and a bit Musos?)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.