Nap 300DR

@bongoman enjoy the 300DR it is a sublime AMP, I have mine with 252 also and they work beatifully together

I know the 300DR is not entry level by any means but for me it’s musical delivery vs £££ is superb

1 Like

I know it is early days still but I am still enjoying my Nap 300DR. I dithered for long enough but I do not regret my decision. I have a 52 and a CDS3 to compliment it.

Steve2

There’s something very special about the 300DR - a mailed fist in a velvet glove!

Its performance when you turn the volume up is a given at that price point, but its ability preserve delicate detail and to deliver a satisfying musical performance even at very low volumes is quite astonishing.

(I use mine with a 272/555DR combination, driving modified Spendor SP2s.)

1 Like

Your post is surely useful. Your experience just shows the importance of the setup and room in determining the final outcome
It appears that the NAP300DR may not work as well as the 250DR in smaller rooms. If I am not mistaken there is another person on this forum who favours the 250DR’s presentation over the 300DR.

The 300DR is something I have considered to go with my 272/555DR but the 250DR is doing a fantastic job driving the SL2s.

Yes, though the SL2s are just so much better with a 300. If you can afford it, do it.

1 Like

Maybe in a year or so. With all the changes I have made recently I’m not sure the introduction of further upgrades will go down well with the wife.

2 Likes

Not sure what a NAP300 would bring to my setup.
I’m sat listening to my current setup 272/555DR/250DR into SL2s and its sublime, just sounds perfect on all genres of music my is foot taping away.
Hang on a quick glance over to the wife and her foot is also taping even though she always denies anything associated with the system.

2 Likes

What always strikes me about the 300DR is its adaptability. Obviously and naturally at home with the 252 but I have it on authority that it works tremendously well with the 282 and the 272, DAC V1 anyone? And then of course with a 552 or 3x in active mode.

Yes from a 250DR owner a superb amp.

Regards,

Lindsay

That’s it Lindsay, I quit this forum……yes….I….I…quit.

Before I go, just tell me how the 300DR improves on the 250DR.

No…no….don’t.

2 Likes

Nigel in my quick upgrade path, I had lived with 252/250DR for a relatively short while (a couple of months; coming from the SN2) when my dealer told me had a very gently used 300DR. Sorry mate, it surprised me how much better I enjoyed (am enjoying) 252/300DR vs 252/250DR.

Edit: And believe me Ive been reading about your love of the 552; not lost on me!

1 Like

I certainly hope the 300dr is better than my 250DR

Naim charge double the money for the upgrade !

Few questions:

Do you like your NDS?
Do you like your 552?
Do you like music?

If you’ve answered YES to at least one of the above, you will like what NAP 300DR does :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But Nigel 3 x 250DR would be superb with Kudos Titan…

1 Like

Very logical and irresistible Lindsay👍

3 Likes

3 x 300DR even better though! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

3x 300DR vs 1x 500DR (Not exactly an equal price but…) Active vs Passive…

I wonder what people would prefer!

I heard the Kudos 707 active vs passive a while back and preferred the nap500…it just sounded, so right. The active nap 300 dr seemed a little too exuberant for my liking.

Thats a pretty good advert for the 500DR right there! Thinking about Kudos speakers actually so that comment is interesting!

It was at Audio show east a couple of years ago, so others will have heard and may feel differently. I am sure they will post as well.

1 Like