Nap300 question

Hello my Naim is Mr smoke too much

£4K for an eight year old nap300 isn’t much of a bargain IMO even though as a 2014 build won’t need servicing for another five years or so, I got a one year old ex dem nap300 with warranty for £5k, still a lot of money but makes an 8 year old non dr 300 seem expensive at £4K I think prices are on the slide, as I have a decent amp maybe wait until a better bargain 300 turns up?

Yes, it changed Bolour. :joy:

1 Like

Fwiw, I paid £3600 to a top dealer for a s/h 300 that has had the dr treatment (and a service). Advertised prices on eBay et al may not reflect actual transaction prices…

2 Likes

As already deduced, it’s UV damage with the areas beneath the Burndy sockets masked by the cables.
Definitely wouldn’t have been like that from new!

Regards
Neil.

2 Likes

The poor thing had a spray tan :laughing:

2 Likes

Could be, everything in my daughters room is gradually turning that colour!

2 Likes

One of my boxes (can’t remember which but could have been my 300) developed yellowed labels. Not as yellow as in the above picture but quite yellow compared to the rest. Mine was never in direct sunlight and all boxes were on the same rack at the time, exposed to the same light. I wonder if it might be heat related or a batch of stickers that went off over time?

1 Like

Agree with Jonny. Seems a bit steep. There’s some very good ex demo prices out there at the moment.
I love my 300DR but more so when I moved from 282 to 252.

1 Like

On a tangent, are they actually stickers? I thought (in complete ignorance of the process) that the socket labelling was some kind of screen print or something.

Looking at OPs system I think I’d be looking to upgrade my streamer before the poweramp. Either a new streamer or a PS for the NDAC.

1 Like

If it doesn’t look right then don’t go there.

1 Like

I would spend more and get one which is DR if possible. Will be worth it in long run.

3 Likes

If shopping here, I’d hope for a DR for that price or less , but I am aware that he isn’t in the UK. Even so…

1 Like

The original (as I understand it) advert was published on a Danish website at a lower price than now pops up on eBay UK and I am in NL. Interesting to see how this market works.

Looks like the yellow fading IS a thing.

2 Likes

My guess is that it UV light thats doing it - from direct sunlight…?

All of mine are facing towards any incoming light - and could not be further from my windows… :slightly_smiling_face:

One of my boxes has yellowed labels, from when I purchased secondhand. UV is much stronger in NZ than the rest of the world, so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was an occurrence here more than other countries.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.