Nap300DR or Nap500 no dr

@NigelB, Oh well who can one believe if not @Simon-in-Suffolk. If @Ross’s System was ok before the move then that needs sorting out. A 2000 500 must be in need of a service soon.

Phil

Well I can only comment from my experience… ultimately it becomes a personal decision… we clearly don’t hear things the same …

1 Like

Four years ago.

1 Like

Thank you for all the above. The cost of DR according to Naim with a service is £2490 for the 552 an £4200 for the 500 inclucing service. For the power supplies the service is £560 each. So £2240 for a full service alone for the 4 pieces or £8370 for the DR and full service. This is beyond me so am planning a full service only and perhaps upgrade the leads. Any advice as to what to? I have only powerlines at the moment, and a Hi line from Klimax to the 552

I have a Superlumina IC between my NDX2 and 552. It’s pricey but well worth it, and a great upgrade over the Hiline IMO. I managed to get a discount from my dealer and traded in the Hiline.

A good decision - DRing mine would give some improvement but I am very very happy where I am. When you get the setup spot on it more than makes up for DRing a top of the range NAP/NAC. If you DR it can’t overcome the issues of a poor setup.

The Powerlines will make quite a difference along with the dedicated mains and lots of space between sensitive boxes. Cable dressing and speaker placement.

Phil

1 Like

in terms of placement, ideally all in one stack, with Power supplies at bottom, then DS, then 552 then 500 on top of the Mana rack, as I have little room

I may be able to have the PS’s separate, is this really that much better? all on a rack similar to the naim glass one

You should read the threads on this subject by searching. In a nutshell the photos you showed were far from optimal. Power supplies on right, 552, 500 heads on left 552 at top. I’m out for a few days.

Phil

1 Like

I will look carefully at this. Thanks so much

Mine is in one stack…due to space constrains…on a decent suport and it’s fine it may not be optimal but I dont have the space.
All psu’s at the bottom then nap500 then 552 then ND555 no hum…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.