Nap500

Really :roll_eyes:
Why not now?
Nice racks by the way. Is there a price list somewhere?

1 Like

Not really! Got stuff to do so I’ll give it a few hours then settle down for a listen later…

As far as I know it’s all made and priced to order.

Looks great Stu :hugs: Now press that PLAY-button :smirk: Enjoy Peter

It all depends on how many shelves, finish, glass etc.
But budget on the £1000+ for say a rack like stu

Sounds quite reasonable. I just showed my wife and she certainly prefers them to the phonosophie racks

I had a few extras including the double base and extra thick top and bottom shelves plus glass. Was north of 1.5k from memory. I think they’re great value and Paul is a pleasure to deal with.

Facebook is a good place to find him and lors of his work.
As said i had one many years ago, when he first started doing them, infact he used my designed rack on his publications, its one with all the olive gear and 2 separate turntable supports on top.

Looks great Stu I bet those 606 sound excellent on the end of the 500

Profile needs updating but I guess you’ve been busy :grinning:

1 Like

What speaker cables do you use for the 500?

I’ve kept the Kudos KS-1 I’ve been using with the 300.

Right system has been warming up for a few hours, odd jobs done, drink poured…

7 Likes

:flushed: bit early no?

1 Like

Its a big moment and at times like these a drink in ones hand is always required

5 Likes

That looks fantastic. Love the look of the 500. Enjoy the sound!

Would it not be the other way round? Aren’t the toroidal transformers on the right?

Yes as Dunc says it would be rude not to on such an occasion :grinning:

Enjoy. I think you’ll be very happy. Even more so after the initial impact, rediscovering old favourites….

Thanks Dan. I think we’ve been on a similar wavelength for a while. I haven’t heard the lengendary 135 monoblocks but they were the first amps I looked for when I started building a Naim system. At the time the only nice units I could find had been modified and I didn’t want to go down that route. Then a 300 came along and what an amazing addition it was to my 272. Breathtaking. I’ve read that 135’s and the 300 are at a similar level but have a different presentation. And a 500, even a lowly non DR, gives the best of both worlds. We shall see…

2 Likes

If you don’t tell us soon how it sounds……we will all block you😉

3 Likes

Ha ha I’m three tunes in. If I say I’m grinning like a Cheshire cat will that suffice for now…?

5 Likes