Nap500

You old smoothie Gazza :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes😁

2 Likes

Strip downs and nice racks. Whatever next….

3 Likes

Hopefully not a Hernia !

1 Like

It is a hefty old amp to move around.

1 Like

You probably need to in this heat when putting together a Naim system :rofl:

10 minute job with that rack, so come on

I couldn’t last that long.

I’m sat here with my popcorn :popcorn:

1 Like

A couple of naked shots perhaps?

Excuse the extension it’s for the TV and is switched off at mains before listening!

16 Likes

Looking formidable already…

So you going to rack the other side 5 high and leave the 500 on its own

I ended up making my own taller 500 sized shelf, plus i cut the base board into 2, so i got true separation on brawn and power stacks, when i had the same rack.

Pic is just for illustration only as i tried many ways

2 Likes

Nope two columns of three. I have a trick up my sleeve… wink :wink:

I am going to try the 552 PS bottom and the 500 PS top on the right stack (reverse stacking order of left stack) to try and help with the burndies…

I would put all power supplies on the left, with 500 bottom, 552 middle and 555 on top.
Then 555 bottom, 552 middle and 500 top.

That is what i would do for now if it was me, but i would then ask paul to make me 2 extra shelfs at 500 high, so i coud then change things about and have 2 500 high shelfs you can keep it looking symmetrical

1 Like

These are risers for the 500 level

2 Likes

I love the rack who makes it? And is that American walnut ?

Thanks it’s solid-sounds. A bit of a hitch tho; the risers are a different finish to the rest of the rack :weary: hopefully I can get it sorted easily enough. I think it’s American Walnut or at least that’s what I ordered the risers in so maybe not? First world problems eh

Thank you, it’s looks really smart. Even my wife agrees. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Anyone who dares comment on the mismatched risers gets booted out of the thread :joy: hopefully I’ll get that sorted :crossed_fingers:

I’ll obviously now wait 2 weeks for everything to warm up nicely before having a listen :+1:

15 Likes