Nap500

Enjoy the music. Thats what its about. Great system. Enjoy your time listening to it.

4 Likes

This 23 year old NAP500 (full SPA treatment in 2018) does not show any signs of age. Does not feel ashamed their’s a new classic series trying to steal the show. He just sings all day long with the most beautiful voice I’ve ever heard :green_heart: He might be an old classic, but it’s forever and ever a classic. @Mike_S If you ever… just do it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

You quite like it then ? :thinking:

2 Likes

It would seem so

2 Likes

Keep it classic non DR :+1:

3 Likes

@Igel you are my hero and inspiration

3 Likes

You’re very kind, though my HiFi fund is now empty.

Anyway, now that the new NC 250 beats my lowly 300 DR, the 300 is probally unsellable :flushed:

2 Likes

The 300 is an outstanding amp, I can only guess what the DR adds. Just enjoy :sunglasses:

3 Likes

You mean the 500 @Stu299 :wink::rofl:

1 Like

Pack it in you

:joy:

2 Likes

No :rofl:

2 Likes

Another thing that took me bit by surprise. I have read and heard “isn’t your room to small for the 500? Then you need bigger speakers?” in like a big amp need big room and speakers.

But the thing is no naim product I’ve owned in the past have been so great in playing large scale, relaxed and full at low volumes in my rather small room. Never for a second I’ve felt it being too much. It’s a gentle giant so for others who might think it is too much. It will never be. It’s just more great of everything you have got in the past :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Interesting, I’ve always though a 500 would be too much in my smallish room with a low ceiling. Swapping the 250 for a 300 was even a gamble, but it’s worked out great, so I think you are right. Not that I’m likely to find out for myself……

1 Like

That’s a fundamental misunderstanding. The better quality (purer if you will) amps just happen to come with more power to aid grip, and a ‘bigger’ amp with modest speakers should always sound better than an arrangement where the balance is tilted towards the speakers.

6 Likes

Wow…will try mine. My NAP500…is an early one…that was DR updated and serviced…but I think the yee old sockets are the original…hmm

Which cotton buds do fit going inside the speaker connectors on naim amps?

Maybe this kind of product dipped in alcohol is more safe and fit better.

I just use iso-propyl alcohol and pipe cleaners, both available on amazon.

1 Like

Just use the NacA5 plugs ,pull them in and out to clean the connectors.

1 Like

Totally agree. Lots of things impressed me about the 500 upon first audition, but its delicacy was way up at the top of the list.

6 Likes

Not at all Mike, the 500 has finesse in spades, delicate passages of music sound sublime with massive power reserves when required. The 300 is an excellent performer at low volume listening but the 500 takes low level listening to a whole new level.

6 Likes