Nap500

The sound 500 series produces is very dependent on setup and mains. I love my 500/552. From numerous threads over the years I have concluded that there is considerable overlap between non DR and DR based on comments from owners with issues. You just have to work on things and be patient! I would not get uptight about DR if you enjoy the music.

Phil

4 Likes

You never know, pigs might fly one day :rofl:

2 Likes

At £5k it’s a no brainer. You won’t loose any money on it at that price! I look forward to when you get it and how much you will love it.

2 Likes

Thanks Dan can’t wait. Just collected it but I’m away and won’t be home for a few days but I’ll be sure to post up my thoughts. The size of it tho :grimacing:

7 Likes

Congratulations. You have got yourself a serious bargain. I am jealous and envious in a good way. You will enjoy that 500 so much! Brilliant news.

3 Likes

Sorry nobody told you to do weight training before hand…:grin:

1 Like

As you’ll recall from my threads I’ve been looking out for one for a while now. They don’t seem to come up all that often , especially in nice condition but they do from time to time. Seen a few unloved examples. Made an offer on this one about 3 months ago but the dealer was looking for quite a bit more. I remembered it the other day and thought no harm in emailing to see if there was any change in his position and there was :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You’re a lucky man getting that 500. I am after one as well in due course. Will either get a 52, 252 or 552 with it. DR nice to have but I don’t think it’s a must. Enjoy the 500. It will be magnificent.

1 Like

Nice one Stu, please share your thoughts once the 500 is connected and warmed up.
I’m tempted myself to own a 500 to compliment my 552 but after the depressing news today I may have to hold off.

Those news in the same period as Naim and others increase prices is a not that great forecast indeed :slightly_frowning_face: The nice to have purchases will drop dramatically focusing more on must haves.

2 Likes

Well its certainly going to hit hard this time i think and lots are really going to suffer.

Or buy it while the money’s still worth something.

What’s happened?

Listen to the news

I looked on my BBC news app and didn’t see anything particularly out of the ordinary……

I think they might be referring to the BOE finally getting off it’s a**e and trying to deal with the runaway inflation we have

1 Like

Yep, the lockdowns and speaking sprees have come home to roost I’m afraid. Time to be resilient and independent and ride out the storm. We are all in the same boat.

Yes, I guess the context swings towards taking good used opportunities when they arise, especially as new prices head north.

1 Like

As mentioned a few posts above a new NAP500 in September will be £26k similar price for the 552, wow £52k, back in 2020 just over £43k.

With Naim dropping the DR upgrade the none DR amps like my 300 will plummet in price but at the same time the DR models will hold the value, I do hope Naim in the future overturn this decision.

I’m not so sure the non-DR’s will drop in value. It’s always been more cost effective to buy used DR than buy a non DR and get it upgraded. So I’m not convinced this move will affect non DR or DR pricing.

Wishful thinking perhaps!

3 Likes