NAS not working

I have a Qnap NAS in the house and another in the garage for backups and have put a small UPS on each as we often get short power cuts and it has caused problems with them in the past.

There’s an option within the QNAP to disable auto power up

You might want to think about investing in an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS). They can be had for not very much (as little as 80 pounds here in NZ) - they’ll protect those instances where your power drops.

I had a Netgear NAS when we were doing a renovation several years back I turned the NAS off each morning, but I discovered that the NAS would power on every time the power circuit came back on, which meant that the drives in the NAS failed a few months afterwards.

I’ve got UPS on both of my NAS now - I’ve got UPS with USB connections, so they’ll shut down the NAS in an orderly fashion if the battery gets too low

I’ll look into that option. Especially as we’re nearly into the time of year when our local power station seems to have these “hiccups”. Hopefully the UPS isn’t too bulky - it’ll be sitting in the room where I keep my guitars.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.