Nationwide BS

My recent experiences with FD has forced a rethink about changing. I’ve been with them since 1997. Fine as a telebank, but they struggle to know what they want to be now. Tele, phone, in person via HSBC. They say they are all 3.
Call wait times are up significantly. If the phone used to ring twice it was unusual. Now you get transferred from one person to another. The first person is just first line help now. They used to do everything. Financial legislation has driven them to put you through to " experts".
A recent issue I had with a card payment being taken twice was a good example. The wait for the " disputes" dept was 45 minutes!
They want you to do everything on line or via their app. But a lot of stuff you can’t, or is stupidly difficult. E.g changing a standing order value each month from one of your accounts to another of your accounts. Why make that hard? Often meaning a call to them.
I’ll watch this thread with interest.
Are there any other banks/ bss to consider I.e. Metro Bank?

The most bizarre part if that is that Nationwide is one if the UK’s five ‘Clearing Banks’ that actually do all the processing of cheques!

Agreed, I’ve been with Lloyds for donkeys years & my original account deal was fee free & included travel insurance & car b.down provided it had £2000+ each month.
They’ve just changed the deal for this account to include a monthly fee, grrrrr, however looking at other Lloyds accounts & what’s included & some logical thinking & I’ve changed the account to what looks to be better suited to me & mine.
1.5% on basic savings is better than any other bank account, not that my savings go anywhere near a bank, but its a handy place to stash an easy access float.
Travel insurance has always been automatic on any travel bought with AmEx, didn’t realise that, but never needed it anyway.
Breakdown cover (get you home etc) is with my BMW, but again I’ve never had a breakdown that needed it.
So still fee free & now doesn’t include stuff I don’t need & never used.

No negativity at all.

I haven’t stated the nationwide travel insurance is bad (or good). :innocent:
I simply indicated that I personally couldn’t be bothered to check if it is good or bad.

If they offered to service my Ndac every 10 years free of charge, I doubt I would take them up on the offer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.