Native Tidal v Naim Tidal

Gus, I use a iPad when using the NAIM app at the house, I did not mention that above. It is quite different than the native TIDAL app that I use on my Mac Air when away from home. The name app does allow me to search for music easily and play albums. I can choose them to put in a favorites list and make play lists of individual tracks. More importantly the name app allows me to access my NAS and play album that I own which is the majority of my listening.

I also don’t need it HH, but have found during my 2 month Roon trial that I really liked and enjoyed it, especially the music collection (local + Tidal) integration piece.
Can’t see me buying too many more CDs as a result of me being on Roon if I’m honest, apart from those artists I want to support by buying direct, this has changed the way I view purchasing music, just signed up for a longer period.
I know it’s a polarising topic (Roon) and doesn’t fit in this thread, but hey, horses for courses.
Sorry for the sidetrack - carry on!

2 Likes

i use the naim app on an android tablet, but find the search function unusable i thought it was a problem with my rather battered old tablet so bought a new one - same problem. my work-around is to use the tidal app on my windows pc (which is a much better app and the larger screen gives a much better layout imho) to create playlists and add albums to favourites and then select one of these on the naim app on the tablet.

1 Like

I use the same method, looking up artists using my Mac Air PC with the Tidal Native app to put albums in my play listing and to create playlists. It is more intuitive on the PC for me then using the iPad for this activity. For just sitting around playing music in the living room I do enjoy the ease of using the iPad while sitting on the couch with the iPad at arms length on the coffee table.

So I can use my Mac Air to add albums and create a playlist on Tidal, I have a Samsung S9 also, Tidal and Naim Apps works well. Pity the Mac Air is not compatible with Muso 1, I knew it wasn’t so I will get an iPad, Tidal is great on the desktop. Many thanks for your help and advice. @indexical. @seakayaker. @ElMarko. @ChrisSU. @Gazza. @crispyduck. @Huw1

You could use the Mac into the Muso via AirPlay if you prefer.

Heres response i got from Tidal…fairly unequivocal…
TIDAL Support (TIDAL)

Jan 23, [9:46 PM](calendar:T1:9:46 PM) EST

Hi,

I am sorry, but that is not possible. In order to stream TIDAL to Naim, you will need to use the Naim app. We do not currently offer the option to directly connect from the TIDAL app.

Hi guys, I use the native tidal app on my Huawei phone as I feel it is easier to navigate. I do have a couple of gripes though - firstly, when I pause what i’m listening to, I only get approx 15minutes to restart otherwise I lose where I’m upto and have to search again (I think I get 2hours pause time on the naim tidal app).
Secondly, there is a gap inbetween each song which can be annoying on certain albums (roon played gapless when I had the trial).
Is there any way around these issues?
Thanks, Pete

I don’t think I can, Mac Air laptops are not in the list. I’ve just tried.
this fr Naim.

Owners of the Naim Mu-so and Mu-so Qb will be able to enable AirPlay 2 functionality by updating its firmware, plus their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple TV. Airplay on the iPod touch works, The screen size is too challenging though, haha.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.