NC 250 vs Ear 534 shoot out

If memory serves me correctly I don’t believe the AQ offers any sort of DC blocking while the Puritan does, so that might impact your results.

The 250 will be connected by RCA to DIN/XLR and the Ear by XLR to XLR. I would have only to disconnect the speakers cables from one to the other.
As for new classics, thanks. If I had to go all Naim, it would rather be 252 dr/ 300 dr or 552/500 , for my tastes. But it won’t happen.

It might just be me, but I feel a pang of disappointment. I’m very happy you’ve made your choice, just a bit sad it wasn’t in the Naim’s favour.

There’s no rationale either, I might well prefer the EAR gear too if I’d heard it! Silly emotional me X)

Hope it’s all sounding good this evening FR!!

3 Likes

Maybe this is best as the decision was taken from you.
Think this will be best and in 2 weeks you will be in love with the ear!

1 Like

I have a Beresford Speaker switch. I have 2 amps comnected and 2 sets of speakers connected. Model is TC-7220 MkII. They now do a MkIII.

It enables me to use my AV amp and 500DR with two sets of speakers. It works really well. I just push a switch and alternate between amp and speakers.

Works seamlessly and is just a switch, no power going through it and to me no loss of quality. A little bit of cabling and then you can switch between the 2 amps.

2 Likes

Looking at the Melco website I see Tidal, Qobuz, Roon Ready, etc. What else does the NDS do?

Yes, just make doubly sure both amps are powered off when you switch the cables.

1 Like

Yes…1 amp fot L, the other for R.
Solved!
J

His nds does streaming in perfection - as does my nd555 with innous zenith as server only.
Nds/nd555 are excellent when fed by a good server

1 Like

552 next on your list? Then you can just use AV Bypass :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

On my list too :slight_smile: bypass is cool :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Linn Radikal next on list. Loving the 52 at the moment with the 500DR. Tbh, the sound is so much clearer with the 500DR. A mate came over today and he commented about the clarity versus the 135s.

I have only had the 52 since September 2023 and it was a big upgrade.

Have been meaning to upgrade blocks and interconnects but have left all of that for now.

Best to focus on big things at moment.

Everything sounds so much better, fuller. The LP12 as it is sounds more detailed. The power amp has been a huge upgrade on itself.

As it stands it all sounds very lovely. I have just bought about 10 vinyl records online which I can’t wait to arrive. I have about 350 records so enjoying the music.

Yes, I would love a 552, ND555 with 2 x 555PSDR, Radikal 2 Klimax, Keel, Ekos SE, Urika maybe.

But next on list is probably Radikal 1 or 2 maybe Akurate.

Or nothing. Just changed out TV. And changing TV unit. Still updating listening room stage by stage.

1 Like

Sounds like you’re in a very nice place indeed :slightly_smiling_face: enjoy the music … and the movies!

1 Like

Oh, what a turn of events! I thought you would get lucky to keep the choice available to you in return for your troubles but apparently not quite!

I would say, try to negotiate for the one you really want!! Otherwise, could be unsettling …but if it’s the Ear and it’s your choice, great! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I ordered an Ifi DC blocker from Amazon. Easy to return if it does nothing.

Best to plug in the Furutech powerblock then power cord to wall or in the power amp?

The Melco can work as a streamer or as a Nas. In my case it’s used as a Nas only. Melco and Nds are connected to the PhoenixNet. No connecting between Nds and Melco.
I don’t use Tidal neither Qobuz. Melco just stores files and albums.

1 Like

And welcome the unbalanced sound :grin:

This switch is useful when you have 2 sets of speakers , right ? I have only one set but wondering on using 2 different amps, depending on my mood and some different music I want to listen to.

…but it would make you an iconoclast!
J
(congrats if you already know the meaning…best to you all in Europe, but cheering for England on Saturday)

1 Like

Trust your Ear Sweetie :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

You only need to connect one set of speakers to it. I generally just use it to swap between amps. Very rarely speaker switching. It goes to another set of speakers in my conservatory.

1 Like