ND5 XS 2 arriving soon

Thanks Eoin, your positive findings with the pairing just make it harder for me to wait until the end of the week!

2 Likes

Great write up, you could be hi-fi journalist :clap:. I pretty much match your journey, though from a Nova, and reached the same conclusions. I’m very happy with the result, a throughly musical combination. I often catch myself smiling, toe-tapping or up dancing. And wanting to play more music, always a great sign/sound.

1 Like

And that is exactly what it is all about! I really want to be content with the system and not consider upgrades, just play and forget.
I did also consider a nova as a single box solution particularly as it has an hdmi input so I could have connected my Oppo and used either the Oppo or Naim DAC. While I am sure it is very capable I know that the two box system will sound better, as it should for nearly twice the price.

1 Like

it is an amazing two box toe tapping solution …just need some nice speakers to fiinsh it off…
B

1 Like

Are future firmware upgrades to the NDX2 likely to change the audio presentation in the significant way that it does with the Unitis?

I wouldn’t think so, the Uniti issue is due to the all-in-one nature and how the components interact. At the moment, my Nova is sounding great to a Bluray concert.

Just checking it works …display seems dim to me ? @Mike_S

4 Likes

What’s up Barry? Are you up & running?
Looks good to me - I bet it sound lovely

I picked it up on route to my caravan for the weekend so decided to open the box and switch it on, display seems dim compared to the demo machine, maybe it’s just the sun outside that is making it look dim, the dim button on remote just changes how bright the buttons are only ?
Only 2 days till I can plug it into my SN2
Barry

1 Like

It looks fine, there’s just a lot of ambient light, check it later when it’s dark and you’ll see. Dimmer does not affect screen

1 Like

I agree, nothing to worry about. It is clear to see that the picture is clear, the ambient lighting is the culprit here.
So you now have your NDX 2 to put with your SN2 - will you use the standard snaic 5 pin cable? Your NDX 2 will have a power line lite mains cable, does your SN2 have the same?
What speakers are you using?

Looks great, probably just an ambient light issue re the display. Mine is in a cabinet that doesn’t get the sun, so always seems fine. My Nova gets some afternoon sun in the summer and the display then seems dimmer. Bring on the SN2 beast!

1 Like

Ohi, you have a beast in your hands … Great product … The top of the market … Trust me and give way to music …

1 Like

Does anyone know when this midrange components comes out with a preamp ( [NAC-N 2xx]. This would e the dream combination for me. Or what does it mean exactly that the ND XS 2 is able to control the amplifier. Is it the same as the Nova (Input selection and volume Control via App or Remote)? I prefer an amplifier which doesn’t have input selection on the front like the Nova.

hi
i will use the standard 5 pin to connect it to my Supernait 2, stndard powerline on both.
I am in the process of listening to speakers, i have an old pair of B&W CDM NT7 but listened to the new 8 series and PMC 25-23 …nice
Barry

1 Like

You can configure it either way. I use system automation so you can use the App and both remotes to control the amps volume. You can use a variable output, then you set the volume on the SN2 to a fixed level and control it from the streamer, so it works and looks just like the Nova.

1 Like

You have not removed the screen protection plastic, it makes the display dim.

3 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

i did and its the same, so i put it back on to protect it…till the big install day MONDAY …night
Cannot wait
Cheers mate
B

1 Like

My MIL never removes the plastic film off her appliances. Drives me nuts, Fridges and washing machines with bits of plastic hanging off them :joy::flushed::crazy_face:

2 Likes