ND5 XS 2 Streaming Connection via Apple Lightning Cable on iPad

Dear Friends.

I am new to streaming and I have Spotify and Tidal.
Both are subscription are Premium based.

I Need some advice on the best sound quality connection from NAIM ND5 XS 2:-

a) Is using the Apple Lightning Cable from the iPad into the streamer a must better way to have better quality sound by selecting the tracks individually?
b) Download all the tracks into the Ipad and use the lighting cable as per the picture and play the tracks of the iPad?
c) Or it does not matter. Just use the standard Bluetooth/Chromecast connection via the IPAD and stream the music as it is?

Need your advice, please?

Regards
Subas

Hi, when using Tidal or Spotify on a Naim streamer the signal goes straight to it over the network, not via the iPad. While it’s possible to cast the signal from the iPad using AirPlay or Chromecast, there’s no need to do this, and it’s not going to sound any better.

Just to add, that using the iPad and Chromecast will take the signal direct from the network to the streamer and will therefore have the same sound quality, but Airplay will take the signal from the iPad and then send a lower resolution signal to the streamer. So, basically, it’s best to use the Naim app directly as a remote for playing streaming services and don’t connect the iPad to the streamer, which is how it’s designed to work.

Dear Chris, Mike and jmtennapel.

Thank you for all your replies and advice.

Regards
Subas

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.