Nd5 xs2 latest update, now all I see is purple

I am at a loss. I was hoping it was just a quick switch over so your network recognized the ND5 XS2, as this is something potentially overlooked. It has been for me at times. At this point Naim support might be in order. Hopefully you can get it sorted out soon or someone much more knowledgeable than myself will come along.

1 Like

Networks don’t work like that. Client devices such as your streamer and phone etc. connect to your home network, which then forwards the data to the intended recipient. There is no direct ‘point to point’ communication.

2 Likes

I see what you’re saying now. I was reading it as the OP having two networks set up, thus the reason for my response.

1 Like

Ah ok interesting. I assumed it did since on my devices wifi (tab or phone) it would disconnect from the home wifi and connect to the streamer in the wifi settings tab on my device.

So your saying even though my tablet is connected to the outputting “wifi” or signal from the streamer my tablet is talking to the streamer using the home wifi its not connected to?

Sorry i know we are getting off topic a bit, im just a bit confused. No expert here.

It’s called wanet - wireless ad hoc network - and it works as you’ve described. You set up Amazon echo devices and things like WiFi enabled light bulbs in the same way, via a temporary WiFi network generated by the new “thing”.
Have you tried setting it up with a different mobile device that is iOS based? iPad, iPhone… can you borrow one?

1 Like

Ah gotcha. Good to know. So i have tried it on 3 android devices. later i can try it on my GF ipad. worth a shot at this point.

just tried it on my GFs ipad setting up airplay etc… Just as with android it get to the part where i type in my home wifi password and fails to configure it with the streamer.

its a new ipad.

I wonder if it’s your WiFi password. Are you using a passcode that could be a mix of letters numbers and symbols or is it a “hex” string of numbers 1 to 9 plus letters A to F and no symbols? The latter format should work.
eg a passcode that includes a symbol such as # might cause an issue.

1 Like

humm… it has a & in it. but it worked for 3 weeks just fine.

I started talking with my dealer today who is talking to Naim. Im thinking i might just be asked to drive back and swap it out for a new one.

It’s weird it worked before but then it’s new firmware so you never know. Try simplifying the WiFi password keep it to numbers and letters only and see if that makes it work.

1 Like

Part of me thinks it had a bad install or firmware install issue. I wish there was a way to use a USB stick and force a roll back or reinstall.

I can try that but partner and i are working from home so it would be later this evening.

Boy, I’m at a loss here.
I’ve stayed clear of tablets altogether. Not that this is the current problem for you, but I initially used a two or three year-old iPad mini for streaming duties and kept getting drop outs and similar issues to what you are experiencing when trying to get the network back online (to sync with this device). The latter was happening until finally the iPad just ceased finding our WiFi altogether. I’d reset network settings, try forgetting the password and retry, etc. They’re notorious for encountering this issue sooner-or-later, though shouldn’t on a new one. Not all, obviously, go through this, but it is a known issue. Once I installed the app on my iPhone and have used that, it is a rare occurrence that a network issue arises unless it’s user error (which I’m known at times of being guilty of due to my tweakery, and in the process fudging something up).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.