ND5 XS2 Local Server Question

I have a Naim ND5 XS2, which is connected to my home’s router by ethernet cable. The ND5 XS2 has an SSD attached to the rear USB port, and is set up in server mode. As such, I can play music on the SSD by selecting servers in the Naim app and then local music (as well as by selecting USB). The ND5 XS2 is also visible as a network server when I use the MConnect Lite app on my iPad and iPhone, and I can use the MConnect app to play music on my iPad or iPhone, or to stream music that is on the SSD attached to the USB port of the ND5 XS2 to an Apple Airport (attached to secondary powered speakers in another room). My home computer system is Mac based (iMac running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6).

With that prologue, I would like, if possible, to make the SSD/local server drive on the ND5 XS2 visible on my iMac as a shared drive or folder so that I can edit metadata and add new music to the SSD from my iMac while the SSD is still attached to USB port of my ND5 XS2. (My iMac is on the same LAN but connects by wi-fi.) I’ve tried to connect to this using command K on my iMac, but that doesn’t seem to work. I’m obviously able to do add music and edit metadata by disconnecting the SSD from my ND5 XS2 and connecting SSD directly to iMac via a USB cable, but it would be more convenient if I could access directly.

Any thoughts and suggestions would appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The USB drive is only viewable on other devices as a UPnP server, so you will need to connect it directly to your computer to edit or add to it, I’m afraid. If you want the convenience of easy access to the drive you would need to attach it to a computer or NAS on your network, and run a UPnP server on that. Then it would still be discoverable by the Naim streamer and your other music players without the need to remove it every time you want to edit it.

Thanks for your response.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.