ND5 XS2 .... Oh Dear!

Happy to hear this is working out for you! It’s a really good combo. The nDac responds so well to a high quality streamer.

6 Likes

Enjoy, nDAC fed by a naim streamer is a fab combo.

External PSU on the nDAC is another jump in SQ, worth the investment.

3 Likes

Like @ChrisSU says in post #32, run the ND5 XS2 thru the NDS. That’ll be my streaming end-game. I have the NDS and when I really want Qobuz, I’ll get a pre-owned ND5 XS2.
And with the NDS Dac, the new ND5 streaming boards should sound great.

1 Like

I believe upping the streamer section on legacy boxes is a very worthwhile investment since a lot of development have happened there last 10 years. I added Lumin U1 mini on my former 272 and it was a great improvement. I will evaluate NDX2 as a streamer on my NDS coming weeks so let’s see if it has a similar effect. Based on the feedback in here I would believe so.

We tried NDX2 (bare) into 272 and it was a significant step up in streaming quality.

The strong part of a 272 with PSU is the preamp.

2 Likes

Want to share my experience here if anyone is having a 2 box streamer/DAC configuration.

I recently adding a Mutec -MC+ with the Ref10 clock between my NDX2/NDS.

Huge improvement! of course provided you already have a decent setup up from the ISP modem / switch before your streamer.
(I am using a Cisco 2960 switch → Uptone Etherregen before the NDX2.)

It raise the SQ so much that there is only a small gap vs the ND555. It was an excellent value for money improvement if you are pairing it with NDS. I know because I just upgrade to ND555 because to reduce box count. If I have more space, the 5 component streaming solution will definitely staying without breaking the bank as much.

Try it, and you will know what I mean.

Someone reported that Nd5xs2 into Nds uplifted the online streaming.
But gave no difference for local streaming. Good news for me, as I stream only locally.

1 Like

If someone invests into Mutec Reference 10 ( 3k) and Ndx2 ( 6k) to improve the Nds, and it doesn’t better the Nd555, I see no interest personally to do that. You will have 4 boxes, and 9k less in your pocket.
For 9k, even less, you can buy a second hand Nd555 and sell the Nds for 2k.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.